Regarding ESPN HD on Airtel DTH HD

• Thread starter people
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 27
  • Views: Views 9,868

people

Contributor
Reaction score
Airtel contract with ESPN HD and Star Cricket HD for 6 month one subscription price and another 6 month for one subscription price base.contract ended on 30 November 2012.they started the renewal process before 2 months.
already airtel got process with Mtunes HD and sony six HD and 20 SD channels,so they planned to increase all base pack price and also they are made it.

Now come to ESPN deal,ESPN require their channels to all base pack but airtel didn't accept this because they have new contract with other sports channels and also new ESPN subscription price is increased,so airtel not able to announce another hike in short time(any new channels added on airtel by demand from broadcasters it will be first added on base pack for their publicity).

but airtel ready to provide the ESPN and Star Cricket HD channels as A la carte Packs but ESPN til not accepted this,if they accept A la carte Packs it will be continue in airtel.

Now airtel only removed from their base packs ,if ESS wish they can continue as A la carte Packs.

If ESPN have a confident with their content why they are not accept the A la carte Packs?

what u have stated is quite contradictory.. if ESPN wants its channels on the base packs, then not only the HD channels but even the SD channels should be removed as they have removed the SD channels from the base packs.

So, i dont think the issue is that.. but simply money

secondly, if airtel are going to add six HD and 20 other SD channels, then obviously these will not be added to the base packs with the price remaining as it is now.. and the base pack price will be increased.. so the issue might not be base pack price.

arvindp said:
what u have stated is quite contradictory.. if ESPN wants its channels on the base packs, then not only the HD channels but even the SD channels should be removed as they have removed the SD channels from the base packs.

So, i dont think the issue is that.. but simply money

secondly, if airtel are going to add six HD and 20 other SD channels, then obviously these will not be added to the base packs with the price remaining as it is now.. and the base pack price will be increased.. so the issue might not be base pack price.

Star Cricket,ESPN,Sports SD channels removed from all base packs only available on rupees 380 (mega pack and Ultra pack) onwards.

20 channels will not be added on all base pack.they agree SD as A la carte Packs because they will claim revenue from ads,but HD they only depends customer base (most HD content is AD free).that i mean in here(base pack hike).

mr people u r saying that its removed from all packs and then u say that its available in 2 packs then how can it b said that its removed from all packs
also arvind rightly ptd out that points u r making r all imaginary

people said:
20 channels will not be added on all base pack.they agree SD as A la carte Packs because they will claim revenue from ads,but HD they only depends customer base (most HD content is AD free).

baseless comment do u know what it means for a broadcaster to agree for their chs to b removed from base packs, it means low ad revenue. advertising rates r judged on the reach of the channel, if a ch is kept aside advertisers argue with the channel

i am not a expert like you,i shared what i get from my people.they are not a high officials but i believe they will give at least half trusty news.

Lewis said:
so abt 20 SD channels r coming..
they are already added 10 channels on it,2 is not added on targeted November 2012.but another 8 no exact news.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock