Breaking Reliance and Disney merger approved by CCI

• Thread starter Thread starter rajrocks
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies: Replies 415
  • Views Views: Views 50,306
Buddy do u think HBO , Warner Bros, Showtime, Paramount+, Universal Pictures / TV content available on Jio Cinema caters to "bottom pyramid"?

Reality is that they too cater to mass + niche audience like other OTT platforms do hence u r wrong in saying that "it does not matter if their interface / streaming experience is laggy or graphics r not so attractive"...... Also even apps MXPlayer, Zee5 or even regional content apps which cater to mainly mass audience provide better navigation + streaming experience as this is a basic thing required for users to have a good viewing experience and companies cannot overlook the same.

Also ur argument about ur friends not opting for Hotstar subscription even though they had HBO content is not valid example to showcase that having niche content does not yield success for OTT platforms. ...... Fact is that both mass + niche audience oriented content is needed for an OTT platform to grow both in subscriber base + revenues.....The AVoD model largely caters to mass audience where giving content access for free while airing ads with content helps attract mass audience while keeping niche content under paywall helps expand paid subscriber base & subscription revenue as affluent audience base opts for it

Sorry to say this but despite Disney+Hotstar being overall lot better than Jio Cinema u used to criticise them for smallest of shortcoming while u r simply trying to sideline negative points of Jio Cinema by saying these do not matter and this is totally wrong way to review anything
Everybody here knows that you're a Disney or Star supporter.

You didn't even understand what I said, I specifically mentioned the time that in 2016s or 17s, many didn't care what Hotstar was offering. It's not the case now though.

You really think JioCinema caters to niche audience?

If that was the case they would've put Sports behind paywall to attract those demographic like how Hotstar did.

Nobody cares about HBO or Paramount or Peacock content on JioCinema. Maybe less than 200k subs watch those content.

Hotstar executive leaked a striking data last year that only 100k subs watched HBO content.

JioCinema caters to the bottom of the pyramid as long as their USP (IPL or any sports properties) are available for FREE.

You didn't even understand what I said, I specifically mentioned the time that in 2016s or 17s, many didn't care what Hotstar was offering. It's not the case now though.

If that was the case they would've put Sports behind paywall to attract those demographic like how Hotstar did.

Nobody cares about HBO or Paramount or Peacock content on JioCinema. Maybe less than 200k subs watch those content.

Hotstar executive leaked a striking data last year that only 100k subs watched HBO content.

JioCinema caters to the bottom of the pyramid as long as their USP (IPL or any sports properties) are available for FREE.

I will not continue this discussion further as have already answered all questions in previous posts and in earlier posts in this forum

Just one request stop giving tags to people rather please respond / discuss about topic of discussion....if u noticed i replied to ur questions did i once say r anti disney-star in my post?

I will not continue this discussion further as have already answered all questions in previous posts and in earlier posts in this forum

Just one request stop giving tags to people rather please respond / discuss about topic of discussion....if u noticed i replied to ur questions did i once say r anti disney-star in my post?
At least take a side and be honest.

We have had discussions multiple times in this forum but you never listen but keep blindly supporting a certain company.

And when you don't have answers, you bring this issue.

I don't care what will be the name of the merged entity. All I care is that international English content available on hotstar right should be available in the merged entity as well and new shows should be introduced as well! Plus, it should be affordable like how it's now.

What you have stated clearly explains that u lack knowledge about how companies craft strategy to cater to wider audience base.

Cricket is a mass viewed event hence OTT platforms are now trying to widen its subscriber/ audience base by providing it for free on their platform thus targeting to garner max ad revenue however there r still few restrictions put in when one wants to stream it on their Android TV App and one needs to opt for a subscription plan to access those features or at sometimes to even watch on Connected TV.....niche sports like Fp
Football, Tennis etc.. r still under paywall..... Also plz not Jio Cinema is still trying to widen its subscriber base hence lot of freebies bring given right now would be reduced soon like it happened in their telecom business.

The niche content brings in more subscription revenue while mass content brings more ad revenue so if u r not able to understand this and saying HBO had 100k subscribers on Hotstar or only minute % watch such niche content on other platforms too hence these r not much worth it then sorry buddy u r absolutely incorrect and not knowing how companies earn revenue thru diff audience segments.

Bottom, mid, top it is important for companies to cater to all end of end of pyramid to be successful

Lastly please stop name calling or levelling baseless allegations

At least take a side and be honest.

We have had discussions multiple times in this forum but you never listen but keep blindly supporting a certain company.

And when you don't have answers, you bring this issue.
I have all the answers and have discussed on the same in detail numerous times, unfortunately u won't accept the correct facts or even at 1st understand what is being said hence it is waste of time to invest more time + efforts in it

Back
Top Bottom