Good News Replaced my Flextronics HD Box with Cal Comp HD Smart Box

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 97
  • Views: Views 19,146
Found couple more bugs on this box.

1. Sometimes, audio stutters on HD channels. We need to go to another channel and then come back to this channel to fix this issue.
2. MKV files are always playing in full screen when using "Play from USB" feature. There is quality loss due to this because the picture is expanded vertically to fit entire screen.

1st post updated with these two points.

Hii.
how good is the PQ and SQ compared to the old Huawei HD box? Asked the same question elsewhere before and the answer was affirmative. Wanted to check again after this long period of time. Here are some questions.
1) Is the HD and SD PQ and SQ quality is still better than Huawei HD box?
2) Does this set top box send Dolby Digital plus to though hdmi when an appropriate track is being played through a pen drive?
3) I am currently using Sun direct dish and sun direct receiver for my Airtel Huawei box. Will a new 90 cm dish (my terrace is surrounded by trees) and a better receiver improves quality. I get signal strength as 78 (green) and signal quality one bar below 12 (yellow) reading BER 4.94 to 5.93 E-05.
4) what is the cheapest way to get this new set top box retaining the old Huawei? Can go with ad on but that would cost STB cost and subscription. And being a cardless STB I'm not sure I can replace Huawei with this for all the benefits for the main STB and not for the Add ON.
5) Will getting a new connection is cheaper than the above option, of course with 90 cm dish?
6) is there some other way out?
If this STB is better in terms of PQ and AQ in both. SD and HD, I don't mind ditching the old Huawei box.
Sorry for too many questions.

1) Is the HD and SD PQ and SQ quality is still better than Huawei HD box? I don't think so
2) Does this set top box send Dolby Digital plus to though hdmi when an appropriate track is being played through a pen drive? Need to check this. I'll confirm later
3) I am currently using Sun direct dish and sun direct receiver for my Airtel Huawei box. Will a new 90 cm dish (my terrace is surrounded by trees) and a better receiver improves quality. I get signal strength as 78 (green) and signal quality one bar below 12 (yellow) reading BER 4.94 to 5.93 E-05. Your signal seems ok to me.
4) what is the cheapest way to get this new set top box retaining the old Huawei? Can go with ad on but that would cost STB cost and subscription. And being a cardless STB I'm not sure I can replace Huawei with this for all the benefits for the main STB and not for the Add ON. Replacing is tough. You can get the box easily with new connection.
5) Will getting a new connection is cheaper than the above option, of course with 90 cm dish? New connection is costlier
6) is there some other way out? No
If this STB is better in terms of PQ and AQ in both. SD and HD, I don't mind ditching the old Huawei box. I don't think so. Huawei is also a great box.

So which HD box has the best tuner/signal strength: Huawei, Flextronics or Cal Comp box? Coz I want to use it outside India. So right now only Cal Comp box will be available in market?

Airtel hd new connection in Amazon RS.1399 only with 1 month 199 my HD pack.

So which HD box has the best tuner/signal strength: Huawei, Flextronics or Cal Comp box? Coz I want to use it outside India. So right now only Cal Comp box will be available in market?
Right now only Cal comp box that too the smart choice one is available so you can't get Technicolor or flextronics.
Regarding signal strength, all boxes have same signal strength, it doesn't change with change in box. Only slight difference in PQ that too in some boxes.
As per the users, Huawei is having the best PQ but now it's not available.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock