Restrain TRAI from Acting on Arasu TV

aravindan said:
Well said..

But Trai seems to provide DAS license if they really need to digitise chennai..

Arasu also intented to start services as soon as possible..

So don't make this issue infavour of TRAI or I&B..

Support arasu:)

I'm a strong supporter of Arasu right from the beginning when it was revived by the present govt, and i seriously don't care if it comes with DAS or CAS and for me TN Govt and its service are primary and so is Arasu so TRAI isn't a concern for me. :k :k

Though im a fan of DAS i definitely can compromise on this and move to analogue under Arasu forever. :sp :sp

What i want from Arasu is, just use this moment to connect the entire Chennai ASAP by fair or foul means, get aggressive and don't care none, we people are with you no matter what. :tup :tup

What if some channel criticizes ADMK party in their channel, will arasu carry that channel, and even if they did will that channel have good A/V quality.
Same thing was done by SCV.We need MSO's with no political background.

keeper said:
What if some channel criticizes ADMK party in their channel, will arasu carry that channel, and even if they did will that channel have good A/V quality.
Same thing was done by SCV.We need MSO's with no political background.

Well said, this is what i have been saying from day one of TRAI's denial of Arasu's DAS license ..... TRAI has to give the license to Arasu and all MSO's (including SCV) with a guarantee that no channel will be removed without a proper reason and any channel can contest its removal and if the MSO fails to accept this or later violate then just cancel their license and ask another MSO to take its place.

Had this happened SCV would not have removed PT or any other channels in the first place.

Personally i support Arasu no matter what they remove or Add as i mostly watch Eng Movies, News (PT in Tamil and if possible Thanti TV) and Sports. But on a whole i don't like any MSO removing channels for political reasons.

HOUSE-MD said:
Well said, this is what i have been saying from day one of TRAI's denial of Arasu's DAS license ..... TRAI has to give the license to Arasu and all MSO's (including SCV) with a guarantee that no channel will be removed without a proper reason and any channel can contest its removal and if the MSO fails to accept this or later violate then just cancel their license and ask another MSO to take its place.

Had this happened SCV would not have removed PT or any other channels in the first place.

Personally i support Arasu no matter what they remove or Add as i mostly watch Eng Movies, News (PT in Tamil and if possible Thanti TV) and Sports. But on a whole i don't like any MSO removing channels for political reasons.

Arasu signed SUN group of channels after a long chat with them..
But SCV not showing vijay tv in prime band..
polimer, PT, Raj digital plus..etc are the channels blocked by SCV..
So comparatively No other MSO will be like SCV in future..
Arasu will be a good MSO in future in comparison with SCV..:tup

aravindan said:
Arasu signed SUN group of channels after a long chat with them..
But SCV not showing vijay tv in prime band..
polimer, PT, Raj digital plus..etc are the channels blocked by SCV..
So comparatively No other MSO will be like SCV in future..
Arasu will be a good MSO in future in comparison with SCV..:tup

Yes, Arasu never removed any channel till date without a reason (i wont care even if they remove any pure political based channels with or without a reason) unlike SCV that removes channels every now and then to put their channels alone on cable network so we can never compare SCV to Arasu.

But what i dont like with the Arasu is its huge delay that directly or indirectly benefits the others, i just them to be more aggressive and take control like they did with TASMAC and Arasu in TN (excluding chennai).

HOUSE-MD said:

PT i accept. but how you talk about thanthi TV without watching it?

Satvijay said:
PT i accept. but how you talk about thanthi TV without watching it?

I have watched some of their programs via youtube and they were good, still these few programs cant constitute and entire channel.

But we do need an alternate for PT & Sun News (I don't watch pure political party channels) so at-least we would need 2 alternatives in news so we don't have to just sit and believe in what a few say.

Originated by a family's internal disputes and restarted to takeon edge a person, in which way Arasu cabletv servicing people? Giving channels at cheap rates may benefit people.But how long? What is the financial status ofArasu? Who bears it's profit r loss? In future, if another govt. forms in state and decides to close or privatise arasu tv,who will suffer? In Chennai, Arasu is not there totally. All the LCOs are not with them. If it gets DAS licence it serves only parts of Chennai.Being a govt. firm is it against rules? You may bash these hypothetical, but has some truth.Isn't it?

Kmars said:
Originated by a family's internal disputes and restarted to takeon edge a person, in which way Arasu cabletv servicing people?

Yes, you are right. But all the other parts of TN other than Chennai are receiving Arasu service will most pay channels. It does serves a part of the people if not in whole.

Kmars said:
Giving channels at cheap rates may benefit people.But how long? What is the financial status ofArasu? Who bears it's profit r loss?

Well, I'm not from Arasu so cant reply what they would do or planned to do but lemme write what i think they would.

How long are we having/using TNEB & State Govt transport? Are they always producing profits? What are their financial status and how are they managing them? The same govt that manages other public sector profit and loss would bear this too.

But Arasu is a lot different from the others and wont stay on loss for ever, with around 14.5 lakh cable connections in Chennai if Arasu can officially increase the subscription charges from Rs 70 to Rs 100 for their current package (Tamil, Eng, Sports and few other language channels) and Rs 150 for all other remaining channels from all languages then they can easily be profited by atleast 14.5 Crores for every increase of 10 Rupee every month and with such enormous cable network if the private channels decide to offer channels at cheaper cost (out of negotiations) then that too would add too Arasu's profit and now where would Arasu ever incur loss from?

Kmars said:
In future, if another govt. forms in state and decides to close or privatise arasu tv,who will suffer?

Anyone who would rule the state wont close a public service with a Govt name on it, instead they would easily find revenue by serving or partnering with Arasu so i wonder if anyone would close this profit booming business which is as equal as TASMAC in revenue. Also no-one would be dare to hike the monthly subscription too much and earn public wrath.

Kmars said:
In Chennai, Arasu is not there totally. All the LCOs are not with them. If it gets DAS licence it serves only parts of Chennai.Being a govt. firm is it against rules?

Yes, Arasu is completely missing from Chennai and only God knows if they would ever start, we are still waiting for them for a very long time.

Yes, LCO's don't care if the MSO they are connected removed some popular channels just to avoid competitions but just worried about their pockets being filled regularly. We can only know the real truth if Arasu can form its own MSO's and check with whom the public are with (mostly people would move to Arasu).

So far Arasu hasn't started in Chennai and hasn't violated any rules, still what are those rules??

Mr. Justice Dhanapalan directed the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting to take a decision on the petitioner’s application as soon as possible.

So now TRAI has to take a decision on this issue, either YES or NO. If Arasu gets license then it has to start its service immediately and if it fails to get a license then it can still connect Chennai and easily re-appeal in the court as court thinks more about the people.

In the interim order, Justice V. Dhanapalan said it was not known why the Centre had not taken any decision on Arasu Cable TV’s application so far.

The petitioner had been permitted for multi system operations. Considering that the petitioner had applied to the Centre for DAS licence, the court felt that the centre was not justified in keeping the matter pending.

When the authorities of the Centre and the State were not in a position to take a decision on the DAS licence as the case may be, the ultimate sufferers were innocent subscribers.

Therefore, he was of the considered opinion that the subscribers could not be put to hardship and irreparable loss. As such there could not be any disconnection of signals to the subscribers by the authorities.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock