Review of my new Airtel DTH HD connection, comparing with D2h which I used earlier

people said:
1. PQ /Clarity - HD channels are better, but SD channels appear dull, D2h used to be crisp sharper better PQ in SD quality
this is new :huh ,call technician to rearrange your setup. :)

I think he is comparing PQ of (D2H) old TV with (ADTV) new 46"TV for SD...

Trip sharpher. that word get remember my old friend. ;)

RE: Review of my new Airtel DTH HD connection, comparing with

NinadG said:

Yes exactly correct NinadG Bro Bcuz many peoples still don't know that SD channels even look creepy on a 32 inch tv then on 46 inch tv they will just look horrible compare to a CRT 21 inch or 32 inch tv. Has HD channels are invented mainly just for large screen size tvs not for CRT 21 inch tv or 32 inch tv similarly SD channel are good to watch just on CRT 21 to 25 inch or 29 inch max size tv and on larger tv any SD channel on any DTH or Cable will just look horrible. There for you can't compare that SD channels which you watched on your old tv with a 40 to 50 inch Tv.

By the way Thilalangadi brother, what was your earlier TV, in which you had D2H connection. I think it must be a CRT 21 or 29". In those TV all SD channels, be it from DTH or local cable operator,it will look good But if you watch the same channels in 40" and above LCD/LED TV, then the pictures will be dull compared to smaller TV.

My usage and comparison of both the DTH (d2h Vs airtel) is on my new 46" Sony LED only, why I moved to airtel from d2h was to expect much better services (based on suggestions frm friends/this forum), while its the reverse which is what I noted after airtel HD installation

D2h normal SD box gave crisp/sharper SD channels, while now airtel HD+ box gives me dull images on SD channels.
(HD channels are clear/better, iam not talking about that at all)

To rephrase my question - "will SD channels on SD box be clear/sharp/better than that of HD box ?" If answer is yes technically, then my question is answered, if no, then something wrong with airtel HD box connection/setting (as my TV settings remained same earlier with d2h also)

hope now I have clarified better:lol.

NinadG said:

Have you tried calibrating your new TV or configuring TV for ADTV STB?
I think HD STB will definitely display better PQ even on SD.

thilalangadi said:
My usage and comparison of both the DTH (d2h Vs airtel) is on my new 46" Sony LED only, why I moved to airtel from d2h was to expect much better services (based on suggestions frm friends/this forum), while its the reverse which is what I noted after airtel HD installation

D2h normal SD box gave crisp/sharper SD channels, while now airtel HD+ box gives me dull images on SD channels.
(HD channels are clear/better, iam not talking about that at all)

To rephrase my question - "will SD channels on SD box be clear/sharp/better than that of HD box ?" If answer is yes technically, then my question is answered, if no, then something wrong with airtel HD box connection/setting (as my TV settings remained same earlier with d2h also)

hope now I have clarified better:lol.

I am using ADTV for a while in my 50" LED TV..I dont have such problem of dull image..In my opinion ADTV has best SD picture quality after RDTV

@people, forgot to reply u, I used this settings as suggested by you, the PQ improved slightly better, but still the PQ of SD channels with earlier d2h SD connection is missing

people said:
airtel never enrich(tatasky,videocon) the actual color schemes,they provide the actual only.follow the below settings:

Backlight : 4
bright : 54
color : 35
sharpness : 20
video : vivid

this is strange to here,airtel not suited for 46" Sony,they are good pair brother. :tup

adhu84 said:
I am using ADTV for a while in my 50" LED TV..I dont have such problem of dull image..In my opinion ADTV has best SD picture quality after RDTV

What size of dish are you using for Airtel Digital tv in Bahrain :huh

210 cm or 300 cm :u

DishHD said:
What size of dish are you using for Airtel Digital tv in Bahrain :huh

210 cm or 300 cm :u

I am using 240 cm Parabolic (C band) dish fitted with KU band Lnb...I am getting all channels 24X7 without any disturbance..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock