Review of my new Airtel DTH HD connection, comparing with D2h which I used earlier

thilalangadi said:
@people, forgot to reply u, I used this settings as suggested by you, the PQ improved slightly better, but still the PQ of SD channels with earlier d2h SD connection is missing

that settings will not improve PQ.it helps someone who always watching tv with high contrast. :(
i have Sony , i know the clarity different of d2h and airtel.so in this case better you revert your videocon d2h,no one can give a satisfaction to you other than D2h. :clap

adhu84 said:
I am using 240 cm Parabolic (C band) dish fitted with KU band Lnb...I am getting all channels 24X7 without any disturbance..

Yes nice has here in UAE i was using 90 cm dish and normal hd lnb and i was getting 80 to 90% signal here in sharjah. But unfortunately currently i am stuck with Dish tru hd since last six months has i a have recharged my Dish tv for one year

:tup

thilalangadi said:
My usage and comparison of both the DTH (d2h Vs airtel) is on my new 46" Sony LED only, why I moved to airtel from d2h was to expect much better services (based on suggestions frm friends/this forum), while its the reverse which is what I noted after airtel HD installation

D2h normal SD box gave crisp/sharper SD channels, while now airtel HD+ box gives me dull images on SD channels.
(HD channels are clear/better, iam not talking about that at all)

To rephrase my question - "will SD channels on SD box be clear/sharp/better than that of HD box ?" If answer is yes technically, then my question is answered, if no, then something wrong with airtel HD box connection/setting (as my TV settings remained same earlier with d2h also)

hope now I have clarified better:lol.

Its strange that D2H PQ is better than ADTV PQ on your TV set. Because currently ADTV PQ is considered best as per users' experience & different forum posts.

Exactly! I have seen D2H and ADTV's picture side by side, along with TS's, ADTV and TS looked best. I honestly didn't find that much difference in SD channels, but HD channels in D2H was, I think I better not say it.
Anyway, is that even true that ADTV gives better SD picture for SD box and dull pictures for HD box? !

final solution for you if you wont change your box,
use your existing av composite loop for view SD channels :) and HD for HDMI.

hmm. well that might be complex to use, alternatively between HD non-HD channels as we keep changing channels faster in between :(

Meanwhile spoke to airtel CC this morning, explained them how I felt d2h earlier was better on Sd channels, they simply said understood the problem statement and solution was they will "refresh" my box remotely and hence the pixelate will get refreshed/corrected on SD channels,after 20min, nothing changed after 20min :huh

Also noted that my STB 'release number' is 457, is this the current one or have they given me older ver box. Installation done on 1st Jan

Signal strength appears at 80%, which they say as 'normal' too, do these also affect clarity ?

people said:
final solution for you if you wont change your box,
use your existing av composite loop for view SD channels :) and HD for HDMI.

yes thats what iam saying with my exp Saurav, Iam not commenting abt HD clarity at all here, but only abt SD channels appearing dull on airtel HD connection and seeking what can be the solution,

If 46" LED a wrong choice I made, considering still market of more HD channels yet to mature, we still live with majority of indian channels on SD only :c

If some other user had this problem, got some solution, if they can share inputs, it would be really helpful !

Saurav Ghosh said:
Exactly! I have seen D2H and ADTV's picture side by side, along with TS's, ADTV and TS looked best. I honestly didn't find that much difference in SD channels, but HD channels in D2H was, I think I better not say it.
Anyway, is that even true that ADTV gives better SD picture for SD box and dull pictures for HD box? !

thnk u people :tup

let me post this query with airtel support/fb page also and see if they have any solution

having invested 80k on 46" Sony I should defenitely need a better viewing exp ( I know HD channels anyway will be best but also on SD channels too which are majority today)

people said:
new box coming with 457.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock