Samir Soni's second innings on TV

kramkumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Producer Ekta Kapoor is ready with her new show Parichay starting today on Colors. It's the story of a fallen hero who gets a second chance in life.

The show marks the comeback of Samir Soni to the fiction format post Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi.

Says an elated Soni, "I was busy with movies. Nothing exciting was coming my way, so I took a long break from TV. But when I was offered the role of Kunal Chopra, I fell in love with it. Ekta had offered me roles before too, but things didn't materialise. However, I couldn't decline this particular role as it's a beautiful character and I identify with it completely. He lives life on his own terms, just like I do. He is not politically correct, and so may come across as a rude person. But he has a heart of gold. He doesn't believe in the herd mentality but makes his own path, just like I have."

Talking about the show, Ekta says, "I draw my inspiration from society and the people I interact with everyday. I meet a mix of people - heroes and fallen heroes - everyday. What is important is to keep the hope of a better future alive, and that is exactly what Parichay is about."

Ashvini Yardi, Head of Programming, Colors says, "Kunal Chopra's story is that of a man who used to be a promising lawyer and ends up becoming a failure in the eyes of his family and society at large. However, life presents him a second chance to redeem himself."

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock