Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Well buddy am not defending zee or sony its just a prediction from my side. Every 1 has to face ups and downs even Disney-Star faced bad time in 2017-18 they lost lots of banners and films to zee, Sony and viacom18 disney who saved star right time. Same situation for sony-zee coming days their will be lots of surprises and changes in all broadcasters.

Well buddy the reply u gave to my last post had no logical reasoning behind it, u made a comparison which was not at all right. Anyways fact is that pre merger or right zee had/has option to utilize its massive bollywood films library, it did not do so earlier nor doing it right now . I am okay if they want to focus more on dubbed south indian movies but then they should either share these films with B4U or other FTA chs or do not acquire bollywood films which it cannot give adequate airtime.

Zee is not going thru any ups or downs but it is in a similar situation where sony was few years back wherein it kept igmoring bollywood films despite having great bollywood film library be it mainstream or offbeat films. Also pre 2019 star india surely was not that active in acquiring more bollywood films but still had more focus on bollywood movies than what zee had back in those days. Also u r right that zee acquired many films during that period which were earlier with star india but so did Viacom18 and even star india acquired many movies from other networks. I can list the details but all i can say there was no one sided tilt towards zee or star india as far as bollywood movie acquisition was concerned in those years, at that point Viacom18 was slow in acquiring bollywood films.

Also how r u saying sony, Viacom18 came to rescue of star india? All 3 r competitors and fact is star india under disney pushed the peddle as far as bollywood, dubbed hollywood, hollywood films acquisition is concerned and this lead to sony , zee losing many films. Viacom18 too is acquiring more n more films and u will see many more banners /films shifting shortly from sony/zee.

There r no surprises or good news if a proper strategy is not worked out. Zee should first starting giving all bollywood films part of its library adequate airtime across its chs, this has nothing to do with merger process. Their current agreement allows them to air all these films on any zee hindi movie chs they want.

If u still want to defend rather than have constructive criticism, discussion or avoid providing good suggestions to them on how to improve then sorry buddy u r willing to see them land in same spot as Sony is in right now. I atleast never want this to happen so will continue to applaud, criticise, give in inputs on what can b done to improve content strategy or other things. Be it any broadcaster they should give bollywood films appropriate space on their chs and viewers should get different options to watch their favorite bollywood movies. If star /disney can get excellent success with bollywood films centric content strategy, why do others think that they cannot and rely so heavily on dubbed south indian movies.

Tomorrow if due to this sidelining of bollywood movies on zee hindi movie chs banners/library companies/ producers decide to hop onto star /disney bandwagon then u will again say look star/disney is developing monopoly over bollywood films but fact will b that zee would have knowingly created such a situation where bollywood films rights owners decide to end agreement with them.

UN2MtEp.jpg

"Foothpath (2003)" shifted (renewed by star/disney) to star network, airing tomorrow on Star Utsav Movies In watershed hours at 3:33am

UN2MtEp.jpg

"Foothpath (2003)" shifted (renewed by star/disney) to star network, airing tomorrow on Star Utsav Movies In watershed hours at 3:33am

It had shifted some months back

Will Aamir be shifting from Star Network ? it is being repeated in watershed hours....

No. All UTV Motion Pictures / UTV Spotboye films will remain with star/disney

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock