Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

• Thread starter Thread starter Joyanaranha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 25,066
  • Views Views: Views 4,358,777
Bhai what do u think is the reason for so many banners leaving star?
First salman khan then Ajay devgan, nadiadwala grandson, possibly maddock . As u were speculating for yrf leaving sony that they didnt get enough coverage so they moved. Would u like to believe the same about the above banners as well or would u like to accept that ultimately it is all down to money. Coz i believe star treated them well yet they moved and all producers care about is money. And despite zee being not in the best of financial health is challenging and possibly beating star in terms of new movie acquisition despite being against the powerhouse of disney.
Obviously buddy money matters everything as a producer if am getting best price for my films from zee or any other broadcasters then definitely I'll go for a change. Even panorama studios moved to zee from Disney-Star KHUDA HAFFIZ CHAPTER 2 rights is with zee.

Obviously buddy money matters everything as a producer if am getting best price for my films from zee or any other broadcasters then definitely I'll go for a change. Even panorama studios moved to zee from Disney-Star KHUDA HAFFIZ CHAPTER 2 rights is with zee.
Its actually surprising that many movies are moving to other networks from Star.....but I think star has something in store to surprise us...it will nott let go all movies just like tht...I think we need to wait and watch....its leading network and will definitely have some plans...

Its actually surprising that many movies are moving to other networks from Star.....but I think star has something in store to surprise us...it will nott let go all movies just like tht...I think we need to wait and watch....its leading network and will definitely have some plans...
Buddy unplanned surprises doesn't work some time if their is some kind of surprise then it should not be delayed 1st thing Disney-Star should promote well for renewal films which zee does atleast they should launch some kind of concepts for renewals.

War (2019) being repeated quite often these days and many other movies from Balaji Motion Pictures and some other films being repeated often. Looks like star/disney has done short term agreement with various banners and library companies for movies.

So banners for which star/disney has signed agreement (including banner deals with library companies) all its new movies will premiere on star/disney and even older ones will b renewed but will expire after a certain duration. Individual films renewed from library companies also likely to have a similar agreement like we saw with Kohraam.

I maybe wrong in my above assessment but just sharing what i feel might happen based on observation.

Just yesterday i was discussing about broadcasters implementing this content acquisition strategy and it seems this might become reality soon

Sherdil The Pilibhit Saga - Starring Pankaj Tripathi, Neeraj Kabi & Sayani Gupta

Produced By Reliance Entertainment & T-Series

Satellite Rights with Zee
Source
Possibly due to involvement of reliance.
Now if the hrithik deal is on then vikram vedha will move to star otherwise zee will bag it. Sherdil had a possibility of moving to sony due to involvement of t-series.

Last edited:
Kohram available on zee5 so might the movie will be shared between Zee and Disney-Star or it will move to zee soon.
It is already scheduled on Zee Bollywood on 8th June (next Wednesday) at 9 PM
xvsU7AB.jpg

Back
Top Bottom