Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

• Thread starter Thread starter Joyanaranha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 25,066
  • Views Views: Views 4,358,052
Baba Films Bollywood Movie Library likely to exit disney star channels shortly...all r on repeat mode...Dulhan Hum Le Jayenge might have already expired as not aired since some weeks
Ya bro I think so dulhan hum le jayenge, Tum ko na bhool payenge and pyaar to hona hi tha not aired since long time

Great to see disney star airing various underrated old/new mainatream and critically acclaimed bollywood movies across their channels mostly on UTV Movies. Taxi No. 9211 is one such example as earlier it used to b mostly aired on Star Gold Select, i had shared feedback with disney star to air such good underrated movies like these and many others on their main hindi movie channels and now it seems Taxi No. 9211 is regularly aired at prime slots particularly during weekends on UTV Movies as i believe it has received good ratings.

More films from zee bollywood movie library like Fox, Hello, Fareb ,,Ennemy, Aakrosh, Hijack, Divyashakti, Fateh, Adharm, 36 China Town, etc added in Cinema TV / Wow Cinema schedule

Also Teesri Aankh (2006), Speed (2007) both from baweja films banner and rights owned by Shemaroo are airing regularly on MH1 Dil Se channel. This channel also airing several other good films like EMI, Bhanwar, Shukriya, Ankur,Tehzeeb, Umar, etc.

This week's schedule of Colors Cineplex SD and Colors Cineplex Superhits has somewhat more bollywood films . Also as usual Colors Cineplex Bollywood has excellent and diverse line of bollywood movies scheduled all thru the week, zee needs to learn the art of utilising bollywood movie library and to have very well planned & proper scheduling strategy from Viacom18....despite having such vast bollywood movie library and so many hindi movie channels zee just does not give proper airtime to bollywood movies and goes on repeating few bollywood films every single day

Last edited:
Colors Cineplex HD is doing a good job of airing mix of popular and critically acclaimed bollywood films. Swades (2004),,Duplicate (1998),One Two Ka Four (2001),,Auzaar, Beqabu, Soldier, Ishk Vishk, Ek Ladka Ek Ladki, should be aired more on this channel, also classic retro films should be added to its scheduling strategy.

Also looking forward to disney star renewing more films from UTV Motion Pictures, Dharma Productions, YRF and possibly even getting Filmkraft, Red Chillies (including madras talkies, eagle films) , VVC bollywood films library onboard their network. What happened to Disney Star campaign with SRK which had the tagline "Thhoda Rukk Shahrukh"....i thought it was linked to Disney star acquiring more SRK Films or maybe having some tie up for web series..no confirmation until now

Last edited:
Also Teesri Aankh (2006), Speed (2007) both from baweja films banner and rights owned by Shemaroo are airing regularly on MH1 Dil Se channel. This channel also airing several other good films like EMI, Bhanwar, Shukriya, Ankur,Tehzeeb, Umar, etc.
Can you list any other FTA channels which show bollywood movies like this, other than you mentioned, please.
I want to subscribed to those as a tata play user.🙂😀

More films from zee bollywood movie library like Fox, Hello, Fareb ,,Ennemy, Aakrosh, Hijack, Divyashakti, Fateh, Adharm, 36 China Town, etc added in Cinema TV / Wow Cinema schedule
I think they should even re-add vishesh films library movies in their schedule, earlier from 2016/2017 to 2019/2020 they used to air both "Zeher (2005)" and "Awarapan (2007)" on regular prime time airings.

And I remember Cinema TV to use to air "Awarapan" once every week.

And if possible, they should try to get VVC films to be aired on their channels, there are many good movies.

I think they should even re-add vishesh films library movies in their schedule, earlier from 2016/2017 to 2019/2020 they used to air both "Zeher (2005)" and "Awarapan (2007)" on regular prime time airings.

And I remember Cinema TV to use to air "Awarapan" once every week.

And if possible, they should try to get VVC films to be aired on their channels, there are many good movies.

They will not acquire / rent out movies which cost more as it is not financially viable option for them nor will big banners directly enter into agreement with them. They can get some good films via agreement with library companies or big broadcasters

Can you list any other FTA channels which show bollywood movies like this, other than you mentioned, please.
I want to subscribed to those as a tata play user.🙂😀

Cinema TV, Wow Cinema, MH1 Dil Se, MH1, Abzy Movies, Goldmines Bollywood, Movie Plus, B4U Kadak, B4U Movies,,Dhamaka Movies B4U

Back
Top Bottom