Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

• Thread starter Thread starter Joyanaranha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 25,061
  • Views Views: Views 4,354,849
T series movie FARAAZ satellite rights & pictures zee network
VgGN43u.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sagar Sangam (1988) acquired by Disney-Star via NH Studioz, airing tomorrow afternoon on UTV Movies. Not seen this movie on any hindi movie channel in the past. This is another good thing about Disney-Star that they acquire many such bollywood movies which have not been shown much or rather ignored in the past by all broadcasters, it brings freshness/uniqueness to their movie library. Renewing good/popular movies which were previously aired by rival networks and seen on a regular basis by viewers is necessary as these have great connect with audience which brings ratings but alongwith it acquiring many underrated / critically acclaimed and even lesser known nice mainstream bollywood movies makes the content offering from a channel even more attractive.

Just to add Star Gold Select now also airing some older 90s and retro bollywood films. Yesterday Waqt Hamara Hai (1993) was aired in noon slot and tomorrow Retro/Classic Bollywood Movie "Woh Kaun Thhi" will be aired during afternoon time. I had requested /mentioned in my feedback shared with Disney-Star that they should include older bollywood movies be it mainstream ones which do not get adequate airing on main channels or even iconic retro / classic bollywood masterpieces on Star Gold Select and as always they have taken note of viewer feedback thereby including such movies in programming strategy of this channel

Sagar Sangam (1988) acquired by Disney-Star via NH Studioz, airing tomorrow afternoon on UTV Movies. Not seen this movie on any hindi movie channel in the past. This is another good thing about Disney-Star that they acquire many such bollywood movies which have not been shown much or rather ignored in the past by all broadcasters, it brings freshness/uniqueness to their movie library. Renewing good/popular movies which were previously aired by rival networks and seen on a regular basis by viewers is necessary as these have great connect with audience which brings ratings but alongwith it acquiring many underrated / critically acclaimed and even lesser known nice mainstream bollywood movies makes the content offering from a channel even more attractive.

Just to add Star Gold Select now also airing some older 90s and retro bollywood films. Yesterday Waqt Hamara Hai (1993) was aired in noon slot and tomorrow Retro/Classic Bollywood Movie "Woh Kaun Thhi" will be aired during afternoon time. I had requested /mentioned in my feedback shared with Disney-Star that they should include older bollywood movies be it mainstream ones which do not get adequate airing on main channels or even iconic retro / classic bollywood masterpieces on Star Gold Select and as always they have taken note of viewer feedback thereby including such movies in programming strategy of this channel
Wait for the changes starting from 1st February…

I'm literally sick of Sony Max airing bahubali & kgf series like 2-3 times in a week on repeat in prime time slot
like why ? How they even getting viewership....

Back
Top Bottom