Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

This year's akshay kumar movies satellite rights
Sooryavanshi - Zee cinema
Laxxmi bomb - Star gold
Prithviraj - Star gold

In the current scenario it will be fair to compare Hindi movie channels to telecom companies as follows:

Disney/Star: Jio. The current leader by miles. After Star was acquired by Disney the UTV channels, which were very niche initially, have benefited tremendously. Both Disney and Jio are marked by a meteoric rise especially since the deal between YRF and Star.

Zee: Airtel. It is a longtime player and facing challenges from the new leader. Both Zee and Airtel were the leaders in respective market shares until Star and Jio emerged, respectively. Even though Star is also an old player it was not as aggressive until 2019.

Sony: Vodafone. Another old player but completely losing the plot. While Sony is barely able to pick up a few films here and there, Vodafone is feared to go into bankruptcy. Both desperately need a LOT of relief in order to escape a certain death.

Viacom18: Aircel. It has stuck around for some time but it cannot be propped up any more by Johar, Bhansali and Andhadhun which are worth almost nothing anyway. It is sure to die a painful death like Aircel which simply gave up and closed.
Noticed that @dino29 bro unliked my post (liked but withdrew later). Not hunting for likes in any way, but any specific reason? :huh:

Noticed that @dino29 bro unliked my post (liked but withdrew later). Not hunting for likes in any way, but any specific reason? :huh:
oops! Bhai i m really sorry, unliking was not my intention but maybe while surfing quickly or internet issues tab got pressed twice or delayed action caused me to press it twice. I usually do not unlike posts unless sometime when i feel my reaction was incorrect.

I do understand bhai u r not worrying about getting more likes but wanting to know reason for this reverse action observed

Afsana Pyar Ka moved from Zee to Sony
Afsana pyar ka rights with Shemaroo this was bound to happen. Noticed that Sony is gaining those films which are suitable for night/early morning viewing like the Vishesh Films catalogue which includes
Zeher, Tumsa Nahin Dekha(Home Network), Kalyug, Gangster etc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock