Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

• Thread starter Thread starter Joyanaranha
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 24,722
  • Views Views: Views 4,301,335
Their biggest mistake was that they launched a movie channel very late and that too they launched in rishtey brand rishtey brand is not so popular they should have directly launched colors Cineplex and their channel is very far in every dth and plus a south heavy that's why their channel couldn't do well in hindi and Hollywood films still some films like soty 2 drishyam 2 bhediya have done well for them but still they are not successful like star gold Sony max Zee cinema I think they should have launched a movie channel in 2011 when they were having a library of 500 films but they didn't launched at that time if they would have launched at that time then they would have been in better position today and now they are selling their home production ventures movies to other broadcasters to make good profits
I feel they should make their channel available in between star gold Zee cinema Sony max in every dth even channels like Zee cinema Sony max are also south heavy like colors Cineplex but still many Hindi movies gets good ratings on them because they are available in starting in every dth and they should reduce their price back to rs 3 and rs 5 by this their channel will get better reach and they should keep their home production ventures movies with them only jio studios is producing many big films in coming years like baby John singham again SOS 2 love and war Aditya dhar s next with these films their channel will get much better boost

Well buddy LCN placement does play a role to some extent in a channel getting more ratings but that is not a major issue so is the case with channel being late entrant in a genre as it has little effect on popularity.....if content is good and promoted well then certainly it will garner ratings

Biggest reason why Colors Cineplex is failing to attract more ratings is that it has not managed to get many new big bollywood movies premiered on this channel and being more focused on airing more Dubbed South Indian Movies whatever few big bollywood movies they got to air it seems to have got lower than expected viewership.... Secondly i feel even in Dubbed South Indian Movies Genre it has less number of new movies which can attract viewership more so they have Colors Cineplex Superhits which not only airs these new movies soon therafter but airs old ones too and comes on FTA basis as part of many FTA bundle bouquets of various operators pr even if not then costs very less to add separately and even if one receives both channels as part of bouquet still bcoz of largely same content being aired on both these channels obviously viewerhip/ratings will get split /divided thereby again being reason why Colors Cineplex has lower ratings as compared to rival broadcaster flagship hindi movie channels.

Also i sincerely believe that they have great library of older bollywood movies but if u notice on Colors Cineplex not only they air extremely few bollywood movies but even those aired r hand few maybe just 25 or 30 bollywood movies get aired on this channel which further makes content boring

If Colors Cineplex wants to succeed firstly it needs to drastically reduce airing of Dubbed South Indian Movies , bring in good mix of new + old bollywood movies + dubbed hollywood movies as part of its daily schedule and then again wait for 5 or 6 months to build a sizeable and constant audience base for such content thereby making improvements else they will continue to perform poorly on ratings chart

Then who owns the rights? Friday Filmworks? If so zee would have renewed the TV rights by now..... Actually i think still Viacom18 has its rights but just like movie One Two Ka Four it is rarely aired
Friday filmworks is not having any deal with any network it depends on co-producers

Friday filmworks is not having any deal with any network it depends on co-producers

So then in this case it is Viacom18 or Panorama Studios who should be owning rights .....anyways buddy even if i assume u r correct then still even when Viacom18 had rights of this movie they did not air it since 2018 before that it had sold rights to Star India

So then in this case it is Viacom18 or Panorama Studios who should be owning rights .....anyways buddy even if i assume u r correct then still even when Viacom18 had rights of this movie they did not air it since 2018 before that it had sold rights to Star India
It aired last in 2022 and it was never with star

It aired last in 2022 and it was never with star
What r u saying bro..its TV premiere happened on Star Plus.....there were various films from Viacom18 studios whose rights were acquired by Disney-Star until Viacom18 launched its own movie channels

Well buddy LCN placement does play a role to some extent in a channel getting more ratings but that is not a major issue so is the case with channel being late entrant in a genre as it has little effect on popularity.....if content is good and promoted well then certainly it will garner ratings

Biggest reason why Colors Cineplex is failing to attract more ratings is that it has not managed to get many new big bollywood movies premiered on this channel and being more focused on airing more Dubbed South Indian Movies whatever few big bollywood movies they got to air it seems to have got lower than expected viewership.... Secondly i feel even in Dubbed South Indian Movies Genre it has less number of new movies which can attract viewership more so they have Colors Cineplex Superhits which not only airs these new movies soon therafter but airs old ones too and comes on FTA basis as part of many FTA bundle bouquets of various operators pr even if not then costs very less to add separately and even if one receives both channels as part of bouquet still bcoz of largely same content being aired on both these channels obviously viewerhip/ratings will get split /divided thereby again being reason why Colors Cineplex has lower ratings as compared to rival broadcaster flagship hindi movie channels.

Also i sincerely believe that they have great library of older bollywood movies but if u notice on Colors Cineplex not only they air extremely few bollywood movies but even those aired r hand few maybe just 25 or 30 bollywood movies get aired on this channel which further makes content boring

If Colors Cineplex wants to succeed firstly it needs to drastically reduce airing of Dubbed South Indian Movies , bring in good mix of new + old bollywood movies + dubbed hollywood movies as part of its daily schedule and then again wait for 5 or 6 months to build a sizeable and constant audience base for such content thereby making improvements else they will continue to perform poorly on ratings chart
It premiered a lot of movies from Viacom18 studios and jio studios during 2022-23 but from that also drishyam 2 and bhediya worked for them and even a well made mass film like vikram vedha also failed to perform before that only soty 2 and somehow shershaah worked for them in first year of its airing and nowadays they are selling Viacom18 and jio movies to other broadcasters to make good profits and better reach to films

What r u saying bro..its TV premiere happened on Star Plus.....there were various films from Viacom18 studios whose rights were acquired by Disney-Star until Viacom18 launched its own movie channels
Noo bro. Special 26 was premiered on Colors.
I still remember double Premiere.

Back
Top Bottom