Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Then why was his movie Geeta govinda (hindi version ) with Zee
I guess there are not deals in place for Geetha Arts. However SVC is actively entering Hindi Production with different partners. I guess they all will end up with a single network as they will be interested in overall deal, just like they are doing in Telugu which they will sell a bunch of movies as a package for a network. We have see what is going to happen. However I don't think Allu Aravind will play a major role in satellite and digital acquisitions. Dil Raju is major player here who have 3 projects in works as of now only in Hindi.

satellite rights of brahmastra ,dostana 2 and blind with colors cineplex confirmed.
Colors Cineplex lines up eclectic mix of Hindi, South dubbed premieres for 2020
Interesting. Brahmastra (Dharma) continuing with Viacom18 may be a sign of the Sony merger. In its current form almost nobody will want to sign on with V18, but new deals may mean that V18 is preparing to boost its arsenal, most likely by merging with SPN or otherwise announcing some other partnership of some sort.

In the past many Dharma films have gone to Viacom18, such as Kapoor and Sons, Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Hasee Toh Phasee and the Dulhania movies.

Last edited:
2001 movie. Sony Max has showed it for many years.

Buddy i know that, by "premiere" i meant 1st time on Star Network. These days chs do even intra network WTP on diff dates so shifting of movie to new network surely can b called a premiere there

Buddy i know that, by "premiere" i meant 1st time on Star Network. These days chs do even intra network WTP on diff dates so shifting of movie to new network surely can b called a premiere there
I know all those things about premieres. My purpose is simply to state the previous network and year of release, for those who don't know that it was with Sony.

Last edited:
Sony has also some hidden weapons in the form of Rajesh khanna. Observed it that the highest number of Rajesh khanna films is with Sony.
Anand, Bawarchi, Ajnabee, Amar Prem, Aap Ki Kasam, Kudrat, Sachaa Jhutaa, Kati Patang and many more.
Kyu Kii shifting to Star means Balaji all films which are with Sony will shift to Star

So after yash raj films, filmkraft, now Balaji films also moving from Sony. So looks like ek villain 2 will be with Star if T SERIES do not have the control of satellite rights of the film

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock