Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

MUBI Signs a 100 film content deal with Sony pictures television India for streaming

Last edited:
satellite rights of brahmastra ,dostana 2 and blind with colors cineplex confirmed.
Colors Cineplex lines up eclectic mix of Hindi, South dubbed premieres for 2020
Interesting. Brahmastra (Dharma) continuing with Viacom18 may be a sign of the Sony merger. In its current form almost nobody will want to sign on with V18, but new deals may mean that V18 is preparing to boost its arsenal, most likely by merging with SPN or otherwise announcing some other partnership of some sort.

In the past many Dharma films have gone to Viacom18, such as Kapoor and Sons, Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Hasee Toh Phasee and the Dulhania movies.
Why Brahmastra Release date announced across Star channels social media accounts and Hotstar ? 😱😬

Last edited:
Is hindi medium moving to Star because it's being regularly shown on max and Sony Wah nowadays

This official Post clearly says Brahmastra Satellite Rights Bagged by Star

Yl2M3V3.jpg
For a long time Brahmastra was expected to go to Viacom18 but that network has almost entirely stopped acquisition, as @dino29 and @ak7777 bros can explain better than me. Since 2018, Dharma is no longer partnering with Viacom18.
Brahmastra Satellite Rights Bagged by Star network

59D1PEC.jpg
It's official Brahmastra Satellite Rights - Star India
Maybe just because they are the distributors of the film
I have still doubt about Brahmastra Satellite Rights
Full confusion 😂

Sony has also some hidden weapons in the form of Rajesh khanna. Observed it that the highest number of Rajesh khanna films is with Sony.
Anand, Bawarchi, Ajnabee, Amar Prem, Aap Ki Kasam, Kudrat, Sachaa Jhutaa, Kati Patang and many more.
Kyu Kii shifting to Star means Balaji all films which are with Sony will shift to Star

Sony is wasting YRF, Classic Library and even some Vinod Chopra Films, hope they revise strategy now on and give due time to bollywood films

By the way Hero Hindustani is moving to Zee, presently Star & FTA chs have its rights. Catch it on April 10 at 9 PM

So after yash raj films, filmkraft, now Balaji films also moving from Sony. So looks like ek villain 2 will be with Star if T SERIES do not have the control of satellite rights of the film

even T Series moving to Star Network as per my assessment

Sony is wasting YRF, Classic Library and even some Vinod Chopra Films, hope they revise strategy now on and give due time to bollywood films

By the way Hero Hindustani is moving to Zee, presently Star & FTA chs have its rights. Catch it on April 10 at 9 PM
YRF classics getting due on max 2 there are lot of films under yrf classics, Kabhi Kabhi is aired mostly, tomorrow Anil Kapoor's Vijay is being aired. Ajay Devgan might sell one if his films to Sony with Jigar and Gundaraj being aired regularly on Max2.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock