Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Yesterday YRF Movies Like Dhoom 3 Was Aired On Max And Fanaa And Dhoom Were Aired On Max 2 . Even Today Lamhe, DDLJ ,Bunty Aur Babli Are Going To Be Aired On Max 2 . So I Think These Movies Are Definately Moving To Star
This is the time where everyone is at home and movie channels are watched by many that's why I think viewers must have requested.

Problem is Sony doesn't have the channel to show this huge YRF collection (you cannot overburden Sony Max 2 after a point), whereas Disney has a dedicated channel (Star Gold Select) to show offbeat hits like Ishaqzaade, Dum Laga Ke Haisha and Shuddh Desi Romance, but it is in a deep coma. It is not showing any signs of recovery.

I am still sceptical; I don't think a huge number of YRF movies will shift from Sony to Star. For sure ETT, Sultan, TZH, Dhoom 3 (if not 1/2) and possibly TOH will definitely stay with Sony.

I think soon Star will revamp Star Gold Select which will have mix of both offbeat and mainstream films with niche audience. They will get lot of titles from various production houses and implement strategy after current health crisis, tariff order issue is resolved. I m also seeing Eros building partnerships with Star/Disney, many of films which r presently with Star Network r airing on B4U... Here r names Sagar, Dhai Akshar Prem Ke, Khiladi 420, Shaadi Kar Ke Phas Gaya Yaar, Hameshaaa. At first i thought Star Network had lost these movie rights but i saw Khiladi 420 airing on Star few days back after it was shown on B4U, maybe these r now in the bucket of films whose satellite rights r shared among broadcasters. Let's wait n watch.

Sony needs to revamp Wah into bollywood channel featuring post 2000 movies then only production houses will b satisfied with their films getting adequate visibility else more will b inclined to shift to rival network. Another big advantage Star Network holds is massive stronghold not only on TV but across verticals like OTT, studio or the wide company presence worldover which helps partners get perfect platform to showcase product

I think soon Star will revamp Star Gold Select which will have mix of both offbeat and mainstream films with niche audience. They will get lot of titles from various production houses and implement strategy after current health crisis, tariff order issue is resolved. I m also seeing Eros building partnerships with Star/Disney, many of films which r presently with Star Network r airing on B4U... Here r names Sagar, Dhai Akshar Prem Ke, Khiladi 420, Shaadi Kar Ke Phas Gaya Yaar, Hameshaaa. At first i thought Star Network had lost these movie rights but i saw Khiladi 420 airing on Star few days back after it was shown on B4U, maybe these r now in the bucket of films whose satellite rights r shared among broadcasters. Let's wait n watch.

Sony needs to revamp Wah into bollywood channel featuring post 2000 movies then only production houses will b satisfied with their films getting adequate visibility else more will b inclined to shift to rival network. Another big advantage Star Network holds is massive stronghold not only on TV but across verticals like OTT, studio or the wide company presence worldover which helps partners get perfect platform to showcase product
I think Star must be renting the films. Plus Lockdown period Is helping SPN to air films and utilize their library

Balaji has already started shifting

I think Star must be renting the films. Plus Lockdown period Is helping SPN to air films and utilize their library

Maybe or as i said some films r held by multiple broadcasters. Sony is still not doing enough, both max and wah r usually filled with dubbed content. Atleast post merger Cineplex or Wah should b made bollywood centric. Also i have noticed that Star is limiting entering exclusive deals with Stars, these were costly and had risks involved hence this might have led to rethink... Only SRK agreement is new addition but that has scope of success bcoz it includes older hit films instead of future releases

UTV films except one or two r all off air across Star / Disney chs... These might well b part of plan to present them with big promotion strategy on revamped Star Gold Select. Already Delhi 6 was part of SGS ident but never premiered, all of these and from other studios will likely b clubbed together to attract audience

When movies ok converted to star gold 2 I thought it will air different movies but I was wrong it is same as like star gold.. at least utv movies has some different content according to me star has lost many hit movies to different networks like wanted golmal fun unlimited houseful veer ra one don mann hello brother pyar kiya to darna kya partner qayamat diljale dilwale raja hindustani

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock