Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Is it true that satellite rights of I proud to be an indian aashiq and chor machaye shor was having with zee then went to star again back to zee??

Suddenly sony wah and sony max 2 started playing yrf movies like dhoom and fanaa
Yes from last few months regularly Sony max 2 is showing movies like dhoom, dhoom 2, fanna, rab ne bana di jodi, mohabbatein as some of old yrf films are moving to Star

So old yrf movies which are likely moving from Sony to Star are Rab ne bana di jodi, mohabbatein, dhoom, dhoom 2,dhoom 3, chak de India, bunty or babli, fanna, mujhse dosti karogi, dum laga ke haisa, hichki, mardani, ek tha Tiger, jab tak hai Jaan, fan, band Baja barat, get educated pathshala, befikre mere brother Ki dulhan, thoda pyar thoda magic, gunday, veer Zaara, rocket singh :salesman of the year,ladies vs ricky Bhai, badmash company etc

Last edited:
So old yrf movies which are likely moving from Sony to Star are Rab ne bana di jodi, mohabbatein, dhoom, dhoom 2,dhoom 3, chak de India, bunty or babli, fanna, mujhse dosti karogi, dum laga ke haisa, hichki, mardani, ek tha Tiger, jab tak hai Jaan, fan, band Baja barat, get educated pathshala, mere brother Ki dulhan, thoda pyar thoda magic, gunday, veer Zaara, rocket singh :salesman of the year,ladies vs ricky Bhai, badmash company etc
Problem is Sony doesn't have the channel to show this huge YRF collection (you cannot overburden Sony Max 2 after a point), whereas Disney has a dedicated channel (Star Gold Select) to show offbeat hits like Ishaqzaade, Dum Laga Ke Haisha and Shuddh Desi Romance, but it is in a deep coma. It is not showing any signs of recovery.

I am still sceptical; I don't think a huge number of YRF movies will shift from Sony to Star. For sure ETT, Sultan, TZH, Dhoom 3 (if not 1/2) and possibly TOH will definitely stay with Sony.

Problem is Sony doesn't have the channel to show this huge YRF collection (you cannot overburden Sony Max 2 after a point), whereas Disney has a dedicated channel (Star Gold Select) to show offbeat hits like Ishaqzaade, Dum Laga Ke Haisha and Shuddh Desi Romance, but it is in a deep coma. It is not showing any signs of recovery.

I am still sceptical; I don't think a huge number of YRF movies will shift from Sony to Star. For sure ETT, Sultan, TZH, Dhoom 3 (if not 1/2) and possibly TOH will definitely stay with Sony.
Like zee network bought the rights of all movies for ex. Rk movies film Kraft movies trimurti movies etc etc same star also should play all movies of yrf

So old yrf movies which are likely moving from Sony to Star are Rab ne bana di jodi, mohabbatein, dhoom, dhoom 2,dhoom 3, chak de India, bunty or babli, fanna, mujhse dosti karogi, dum laga ke haisa, hichki, mardani, ek tha Tiger, jab tak hai Jaan, fan, band Baja barat, get educated pathshala, befikre mere brother Ki dulhan, thoda pyar thoda magic, gunday, veer Zaara, rocket singh :salesman of the year,ladies vs ricky Bhai, badmash company etc
The recent ones like Hichki, and films from 2014 won't go to Star. Sony is showing on repeat mode since these are actually garnering them ratings. Kunal Kohli ones are definitely moving to Star and so will Aditya Chopra directorials.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock