Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Bro this is not a reason that Sony is getting more ratings from South states (as the trp comes from the whole nation) . They are getting more trps because they have started to show more bollywood movies from last few months. Bollywood movies are providing them ratings lately like Pati patni or woh, Marjaavaan, Kabir singh, tiger zinda hai, pk, 3 id*ots, munna Bhai MBBS, Bhootnath returns sultan,(u can see the recent trps of these bollywood movies) and lately some bollywood movies like ram leela, batla house, tumhari sulu, sarbjit, yeh Jawani Hai deewani, fan, the attacks of 26/11, Dilwale, heropanti, then South blockbusters like bahubali series, kgf, allu Arjun movies plus the the Hollywood movies like jurassic Park, King Kong, the mummy etc. I agree that Sony doesn't show as many as bollywood movies like Star or Zee. But atlest Sony doesn't repeat movies like Star. Currently Zee is most focused networks of bollywood which is good for them

Recent bollywood films surely spiked the ratings but previously too dubbed and some bollywood films gave high ratings to them. Regarding south indian states contributing heavily to their viewership well that surely would b true while Northern, Western India will b more skewed towards bollywood content. It is a complex mix and ratio of contribution differs for various films . About repetition Sony does show same films over n over including dubbed ones, look at zee or star they r showing diverse stuff across 5 or 7 chs.... Sony just has 3 chs

Recent bollywood films surely spiked the ratings but previously too dubbed and some bollywood films gave high ratings to them. Regarding south indian states contributing heavily to their viewership well that surely would b true while Northern, Western India will b more skewed towards bollywood content. It is a complex mix and ratio of contribution differs for various films . About repetition Sony does show same films over n over including dubbed ones, look at zee or star they r showing diverse stuff across 5 or 7 chs.... Sony just has 3 chs
@dino29 bro I think u are a very big fan of star

Hope star network again came back on track they mainly concentrate on movies in Hindi they neglected movies in south

Bcoz that is how it is supposed to b, dubbed cinema can have 1 channel for it but bollywood needs 3 or 4. Also it is important that good content is shown (not necessarily decided based on box office figures) rather than any film, right now chs r showing absolutely boring or useless content at some occasions

Last edited:
Star dosent accquire Khan movies after tubelight which is major drawback hope they may concentrate on South movies

I am big fan of star
Sorry bro star is worst network in movies as well as in daily soaps star knows that they are struggling for good trps.. then also they are repeating movies continuously from past 2 months like singham series baaghi 2 no.1 movies series and 3 south dubbed movies inspite of getting bad trp repeating movies it doesn't make any sense bro

Any 1 notices even star utsav movies is playing movies repeatedly like khuddar tum ko na bhool payenge hum aap ke dil mein rehte hain dulhan hum le jayenge and gambler the whole network is getting worst low trps low viewership... I think star dosen't have interest to play yrf previous movies.. they are happy with bajirao singham..

All movie Channels Repeating same movies and without movie repeat telecast they can't Recover movie acquisition amount

At present reason is end of agreement period approaching for most of these films, networks show it over n over thinking it will decrease viewing later when it shifts to rivals

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock