Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Prem Ratan dhan payo movie satellite rights sold to Star Gold because Salman Khan
Satellite Rights deal with star
Fox Star studios only have theatrical distribution rights of the movie
Rajshri have deal with Zee
This movie Tamil and Telugu version Telecasted by Zee channels
I don't remember seeing prem ratan dhan payo on Zee Telugu or Zee tamizh

Ohh but yrf example is applicable in this case also zee won't let go this movie to any other channel

2007 movies satellite rights
Sony: Aaja Nachle, Anwar, Big Brother, Journey Bombay to Goa,Chain Kulli Ki Main Kulli,Chak De India, Eklavya, Jhoom Barabar Jhoom, Laaga Chunri main Daag, Bal Ganesh, Manorama : Six Feet Under,Nehle pe Dehla, Saawariya, Sivaji The Boss, Ta Ra Rum Pum.
Star: Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag, Aggar, Black Friday, Cash, Dhol, Dil Dosti Etc, Dus Kahaniyaan,Ek chalis ki last local, Gauri: The Unborn, Go, Just Married, Khoya Khoya Chand, Kya Love Story Hai, Life In a Metro, Raqeeb,Life Main Kabhi Kabhi, Nishabd, No Smoking, Red the Dark Side, Risk, The Train
Zee: Buddha Mar Gaya, Cheeni Kum, Dhamaal, Fool N Final, Gandhi My Father, Good Boy Bad Boy, Guru, Heyy Babyy, Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd, Jab We Met, MP3 Mera Pehla Pehla Pyaar, Nanhe Jaisalmer, Partner, Salaam-E-Ishq, Shakalaka Boom Boom, Strangers, Traffic Signal, Welcome, Taare Zameen Par
Viacom - UTV: Apne, Bhool Bhulaiyaa, Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal, Om Shanti Om, Shootout At Lokhandwala - Speed (2007) ,

Last edited:
Sony: Aaja Nachle, Anwar, Big Brother, Journey Bombay to Goa, Chak De India, Eklavya, Jhoom Barabar Jhoom, Laaga Chunri main Daag, Bal Ganesh, Manorama : Six Feet Under,Nehle pe Dehla, Saawariya, Sivaji The Boss, Ta Ra Rum Pum.
Star: Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag, Aggar, Black Friday, Cash, Dhol, Dil Dosti Etc, Dus Kahaniyaan,Ek chalis ki last local, Gauri: The Unborn, Go, Just Married, Khoya Khoya Chand, Kya Love Story Hai, Life In a Metro, Raqeeb,Life Main Kabhi Kabhi, Nishabd, No Smoking, Red the Dark Side, Risk, The Train
Zee: Buddha Mar Gaya, Cheeni Kum, Dhamaal, Fool N Final, Gandhi My Father, Good Boy Bad Boy, Guru, Heyy Babyy, Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd, Jab We Met, MP3 Mera Pehla Pehla Pyaar, Nanhe Jaisalmer, Partner, Salaam-E-Ishq, Shakalaka Boom Boom, Strangers, Traffic Signal, Welcome, Taare Zameen Par
Viacom - UTV: Apne, Bhool Bhulaiyaa, Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal, Om Shanti Om, Shootout At Lokhandwala - Speed (2007) ,
Shootout at Lokhandwala movie satellite rights with star gold
Many years back movie satellite rights expired from star

Two more addition to Zee Library courtesy their ongoing partnerships with Shree Ashtvinayak and Madras Talkies - Rockstar (2011) and Guru (2007)
News flash: Along with Rockstar (ex-Star), Vicky Donor (the first movie that Viacom18 exclusively acquired) is now with Zee.

Airtel DTH users can enjoy them both on the coming Monday night (26 August) on &xplor HD.

Sony: Aaja Nachle, Anwar, Big Brother, Journey Bombay to Goa, Chak De India, Eklavya, Jhoom Barabar Jhoom, Laaga Chunri main Daag, Bal Ganesh, Manorama : Six Feet Under,Nehle pe Dehla, Saawariya, Sivaji The Boss, Ta Ra Rum Pum.
Nice list again. Good that you put YRF under Sony and not Star.
Waiting for lists of Telugu actresses from you, particularly Samantha as she has a long list of movies.

Last edited:
Note: Vaani has not worked with any production house other than YRF. For that matter, Parineeti Chopra has worked mostly with YRF only. Only since 2018 (Namaste England, Kesari, Jabariya Jodi) are some of her movies going to Zee. Before then there are only Hasee Toh Phasee (Viacom) and Golmaal Again (Star), with a cameo in Dishoom (Star
Because at the time of signing the contract to launch her it was a 3 movie exclusive (Shudh Desi romance, befikre & War)contract condition, she can work with other studio only after that. Same was the case with parineeti (Ladies vs Ricky bahl, ishqzaade, shudh Desi romance) after that only she did hasse toh phasse

Because at the time of signing the contract to launch her it was a 3 movie exclusive contract condition, she can work with other studio only after that. Same was the case with parineeti (Ladies vs Ricky bahl, ishqzaade, shudh Desi romance after that only she did hasse toh phasse
Also Ayushmann with Bewakoofiyan, DLKH, Meri Pyari Bindu. I know about YRF contracts. But Vaani has done three already if Aaha Kalyanam is to be considered, and it has taken her so many years to come to the fourth.

Also Ayushmann with Bewakoofiyan, DLKH, Meri Pyari Bindu. I know about YRF contracts.
That was a different 3 movie contract without condition of being exclusive

But Vaani has done three already if Aaha Kalyanam is to be considered.
I didn't knew but that's not part of contract so 3-movie exclusive ends with release of war. Or maybe nobody is interested in her, fortune might chance for her after War movie

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock