Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

Yesterday balaji motion pictures celebrated 13 years of shootout at lokhandwala the movie could have aired in star channels.. it was a best time to air..last year in april srk sold is 22 movies but still none of the movie aired in particular channel probably if star...

ask vuacom18 for shootout at lokhandwala

For Now, ABCD Is set to move to Star because it has been removed from Zee5. Once ABCD 2 Will Be Removed From SonyLiv, It Will Also Move To Star

Don't worry if star dosen't give justice to yrf it may back to max or any other network because aditya chopra can go to any level to promote his movies.. sajid nadiadwala was in talk with sony for his further movies..
Yes probably sony is in talks with sajid nadiadwala as they might be consediring it as a like to like replacement for yrf. In doing so they might get satellite rights of bacchan pandey and heropanti 2. But let's see what happens

Star will getting old Balaji motion pictures like once upon a time in Mumbai dobarra, ek thi dayan, shootout at wadala. Next year they might get main tera hero from zee

Not continuing this discussion as u guys r just not understanding what I m saying but trying to twist n turn my words to make it look all together different.

Neither star or sony is taking such big decisions based on anyone's preference,fact is and remains that sony has not given due focus to bollywood which led to current situation. They could have had many partnerships but just did not pursue it, about someone saying that in business chs run only those movies which work and hence goldmines films r sony's backbone which actually proves that they have failed in leveraging potential of bollywood films like other networks bcoz of mismanaging content on tv and having extremely few banners with them. Now they hv no option but to save whatever they can.

It's not a question of star being big network, sony could hv easily given star stiff competition in bollywood segment but they chose the other way. Also TOH being flop n causing loss is not reason to part way with YRF, other networks face much bigger losses but still make investment learning from mistakes. Star is investing so much ob cricket yet has allotted enough to other genres, sony had less money going in sports while in other genres too they r not as widespread as star or zee so funds could hv been used better to expand bollywood content.

If according to u star is so bad then they would not air big films ad free or randomly all thru day or give it free on OTT... Yes their cricket dependence needs to b brought down and other sports should hv better coverage on their chs but then this is bigger debate of why all this happening

Also I m fine if a network choses to b dubbes cinema driven but then please do not buy bollywood films rights which u cannot show or atleast rent out / have syndication deal for such titles with other smaller networks.

I m not saying star should hv everything but as things stand they r aggressive in acquiring stuff while sony has not been able to match up. Already again Sony Wah back to just having dubbed cinema all day bcoz of few bollywood films left which can deliver well for them, sony has limited recent bollywood content hence has to slot it effectively unlike star or zee which can play so many movies at diff slots

Not continuing this discussion as u guys r just not understanding what I m saying but trying to twist n turn my words to make it look all together different.

Neither star or sony is taking such big decisions based on anyone's preference,fact is and remains that sony has not given due focus to bollywood which led to current situation. They could have had many partnerships but just did not pursue it, about someone saying that in business chs run only those movies which work and hence goldmines films r sony's backbone which actually proves that they have failed in leveraging potential of bollywood films like other networks bcoz of mismanaging content on tv and having extremely few banners with them. Now they hv no option but to save whatever they can.

It's not a question of star being big network, sony could hv easily given star stiff competition in bollywood segment but they chose the other way. Also TOH being flop n causing loss is not reason to part way with YRF, other networks face much bigger losses but still make investment learning from mistakes. Star is investing so much ob cricket yet has allotted enough to other genres, sony had less money going in sports while in other genres too they r not as widespread as star or zee so funds could hv been used better to expand bollywood content.

If according to u star is so bad then they would not air big films ad free or randomly all thru day or give it free on OTT... Yes their cricket dependence needs to b brought down and other sports should hv better coverage on their chs but then this is bigger debate of why all this happening

Also I m fine if a network choses to b dubbes cinema driven but then please do not buy bollywood films rights which u cannot show or atleast rent out / have syndication deal for such titles with other smaller networks.

I m not saying star should hv everything but as things stand they r aggressive in acquiring stuff while sony has not been able to match up. Already again Sony Wah back to just having dubbed cinema all day bcoz of few bollywood films left which can deliver well for them, sony has limited recent bollywood content hence has to slot it effectively unlike star or zee which can play so many movies at diff slots
Bro the fact is yrf are not producing movies like earlier that's why Sony left them. Now Sony is in talks with sajid nadiadwala as a like to like replacement for yrf
Even star shouldn't buy films that they are not capable of showing
And if u are saying that star shouldn't have everything then why are u hoping for T series and VVC films to move to Star
And bro u are treating sony as if they don't play bollywood movies at all. See today only they played salaam namaste at 6:45 am, bhootnath returns at 9:10 am and hindi medium at 4:25 pm. And they show more of them on weekends and Fridays and sometimes on the week days as well

Last edited:
YRF's movies ain't UTV's movies. Most of their movies have bad repeat value. Star has UTV's movies. Don't know why they are not airing same. Missing movies like Wake Up Sid, Oye Lucky Lucky Oye, Aamir, Khosla Ka Ghosla, Mumbai Meri Jaan and Life In a Metro from tv. Hopefully, The Lunchbox, Paan Singh Tomar and Manorama Six Feet Under moves to Star and becomes a permanent member along with others and unreleased UTV's movies on Star Gold Select.
Check SGS next week
When the best doctors failed, it is finally some DDF members who brought Star Gold Select out of the coma! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock