Discussion Satellite rights of Hindi movies

4 years back I am big fan of Sony max because IPL , YRF movies exclusive with Sony and Never thought IPL moving to another network as i am expected Sony will bid for any price But Reality :hehe: :biggrin:
Also YRF Banner new movies satellite rights moving to Star network never expected :hehe:
Don't worry if star dosen't give justice to yrf it may back to max or any other network because aditya chopra can go to any level to promote his movies.. sajid nadiadwala was in talk with sony for his further movies..

IPL was almost expected. Yrf movies shift to Star was very much supported by TOH mega flop resulting in huge loss
and as big a production house yrf is ,over the last decade only a handful of movies have proven to be truely successful on tv sultan,tiger zinda hai the super hits, ek tha tiger,dhoom 3 hits while jab tak hai jaan ,fan,befikre,TOH all were quite expensive flops on tv.it was the right decision for sony ,staying with yrf was a big gamble,the amount they had to pay for 1 movie they could get 5-6 t-series type films ,amongst them at least a few could be successful.and i am a big yrf fan and hope the old movies at least stay with sony.but as long as it is just for upcoming movies and they get the mega revenues from star as they are having big 50 year celebrations with many movies with big stars ,they needed bigger revenue so i hope the 500 cr deal is just for the upcoming movies

Yesterday balaji motion pictures celebrated 13 years of shootout at lokhandwala the movie could have aired in star channels.. it was a best time to air..last year in april srk sold is 22 movies but still none of the movie aired in particular channel probably if star...

But why are u unessraily hoping for vvc films to move. Don't try to remove the competition from the networks. The vvc films have been best at Sony. U can't expect the whole bollywood to move to just one network

Bcoz i also want to see kareeb, eklavya, parineeta, 1942 a love story, mission kashmir which sony ignores

and as big a production house yrf is ,over the last decade only a handful of movies have proven to be truely successful on tv sultan,tiger zinda hai the super hits, ek tha tiger,dhoom 3 hits while jab tak hai jaan ,fan,befikre,TOH all were quite expensive flops on tv.it was the right decision for sony ,staying with yrf was a big gamble,the amount they had to pay for 1 movie they could get 5-6 t-series type films ,amongst them at least a few could be successful.and i am a big yrf fan and hope the old movies at least stay with sony.but as long as it is just for upcoming movies and they get the mega revenues from star as they are having big 50 year celebrations with many movies with big stars ,they needed bigger revenue so i hope the 500 cr deal is just for the upcoming movies
Definitely yrf not producing mass entertainers or meaningful movies like early they did.

If yrf old movies moves to star bro believe me it will be stucked to its library or it will be aired very rarely so it's better to be with sony only..

Bcoz i also want to see kareeb, eklavya, parineeta, 1942 a love story, mission kashmir which sony ignores
Eklavya, mission kashmir, 1942 shown on max at 1 am or early morning slots. Kareeb tommorw on max 2 in afternoon

because they simply arent movies which bring ratings still mission kashmir is often played in the morning slot and eklavya in the late night slots,atleast once a month,sony doesnt have an xplor or sgs type channel ,that u can blame them for but i can guarantee u even if they ever go to star they arent gonna play on the main channel,just the specialty channels may play them,which sony at this point doesnt find it feasible from an economic point of view because of lack of revenue of such channels and they have a very niche market

because they simply arent movies which bring ratings still mission kashmir is often played in the morning slot and eklavya in the late night slots,atleast once a month,sony doesnt have an xplor or sgs type channel ,that u can blame them for but i can guarantee u even if they ever go to star they arent gonna play on the main channel,just the specialty channels may play them,which sony at this point doesnt find it feasible from an economic point of view because of lack of revenue of such channels and they have a very niche market
Plus Sony is a small network not huge like Star Or Zee. Earlier all VVC till Munna Bhai MBBS was with Zee. And not even once they cared to play those films. Parineeta was some time with Star (i clearly remember watching it on Star Gold) and they ignored it so again it went to Sony. Plus Parinda celebration and 3 id*ots celebration. Kareeb has an amazing soundtrack but it's an average film at its best. Eklavya is like the TOH of VVC

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock