Scv analogue subscription increased

• Thread starter Thread starter profsathya
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 28
  • Views Views: Views 4,311
sathishbabu4u said:
It's illegal showing pay channels in chennai metro area without STB. hence no mso showing pay channels. Arasu analogue also don't have any pay channels.

At-least these channels from SCV analogue are Pay channels: Bloomberg, History, Movies Now, Nick, Zee Studio, Zee Cafe, CNN IBN and Times Now.

And i think Arasu is free to transmit pay channels in Chennai metro as per the following "The Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) has adjourned the proceedings in the case between Thamizhaga Cable TV Communication Ltd (TCCL) and Star India sine die. Earlier, the proceedings in the case were stayed by Madras High Court. Arasu Cable TV Corporation counsel Meha Aggarwal produced a copy of the order dated 28 August passed by a single Judge of the Madras High Court, which stayed further proceedings in the case before the tribunal."

HOUSE-MD said:

The pay channels showing by SCV or Arasu in chennai is FTA channels in Chennai region (ex: SUN tv, K tv, Jaya TV, Raj TV etc and also the list you provided). I already checked Trai websites and there it is shown the FTA channels for each region. Now am not able to find that one.
Arasu showing star channels in analog, but star network asking money for the same channel for TCCL mso. hence TCCL put an case against Arasu cable. That case going on and on. (it will never end like Digitization in chennai)

Dear friends please note, Iam a Operator from SCV, Iam mentioning one thing to all for your's comments, That is, SCV is giving their analog channels on their carrier for the LCO free, when DAS 1st phase where launched. But the operator needs to collect subscription for their maintainance & services. As per the Trai rule Rs. 98+ tax is the regular subscription for DAS areas, but the LCO's are collecting the subscription their own. It is also differs in different area's.

SCV is getting & fixing subscriptions only for DAS & its only as per the Packages, so don't blame SCV here. And another thing, SCV is not get any fear on any other MSO, because they are the only MSO having 24/7 LCO service & First class services. It will be known only to a LCO, subscribers can't know about their services. They where telecasting all channels ( Analog & Digital ) are Authorised only, there is no any Illegal from their side.

Another MSO "JAK Communication" also providing 90 Channels in Chennai. Can anybody ask them weather those channels are telecasted at their Head office Controll Room.

Raja_Kumar said:
Dear friends please note, Iam a Operator from SCV, Iam mentioning one thing to all for your's comments, That is, SCV is giving their analog channels on their carrier for the LCO free, when DAS 1st phase where launched. But the operator needs to collect subscription for their maintainance & services. As per the Trai rule Rs. 98+ tax is the regular subscription for DAS areas, but the LCO's are collecting the subscription their own. It is also differs in different area's.

SCV is getting & fixing subscriptions only for DAS & its only as per the Packages, so don't blame SCV here. And another thing, SCV is not get any fear on any other MSO, because they are the only MSO having 24/7 LCO service & First class services. It will be known only to a LCO, subscribers can't know about their services. They where telecasting all channels ( Analog & Digital ) are Authorised only, there is no any Illegal from their side.

Another MSO "JAK Communication" also providing 90 Channels in Chennai. Can anybody ask them weather those channels are telecasted at their Head office Controll Room.

Good Update bro.

Nice to hear SCV giving analog channels to LCO for free. From when SCV started giving this one (is it from 1-1-2013, when they switch off the analog and again switch it on).

I believe same Arasu might also giving analog for free of cost, else no LCO will go back to arasu.

One more thing, If scv not fearing of any other MSO, then why they going for DAS and still showing the analog channels. On 1st Jan 2013, why they switch on the analog mode.

sathishbabu4u said:
Good Update bro.

Nice to hear SCV giving analog channels to LCO for free. From when SCV started giving this one (is it from 1-1-2013, when they switch off the analog and again switch it on).

I believe same Arasu might also giving analog for free of cost, else no LCO will go back to arasu.

One more thing, If scv not fearing of any other MSO, then why they not going for DAS and still showing the analog channels. On 1st Jan 2013, why they switch on the analog mode.

My lco is giving star sports 1 for ind vs sa match in between kalaignar seithigal and makkal tv no 8 channel. I am getting movies now, zee studio, zee cafe. Discovery tamil as the last channel with poor signal. Is it better to change to stb base pack i already have stb

profsathya said:
My lco is giving star sports 1 for ind vs sa match in between kalaignar seithigal and makkal tv no 8 channel. I am getting movies now, zee studio, zee cafe. Discovery tamil as the last channel with poor signal. Is it better to change to stb base pack i already have stb

It depends on individual requirements. First ask STB using people in your locality on how the quality is, as i heard people from my place that they lost some local channels due to package or other issue and switched back to analogue as they found analogue to be sufficient for them.

But had i already owned an STB i would have definitely gone DAS either choosing the base pack with some add-ons for movies, eng news and soccer channels or SCV DIAMOND pack which has most of my preferred channels. And i might have spent just Rs 100 more every month (my LCO collects Rs 120 per month for analogue) and had all wonderful channels.

Raja_Kumar said:
SCV is getting & fixing subscriptions only for DAS & its only as per the Packages, so don't blame SCV here.

As far as the public is concerned, we all get channels from MSO and service+quality from LCO, so people blame one or both of them when channels stop or poor service. Also LCO says MSO increased fee so they collect additional so people have no say.

I have used scv digital(quality is good), i have to pay extra for my lco. If the base pack is 135+tax but he demands me rs.180(says 20 extra for activation charges). There was a time when the sports channels were included in the base pack and it came to rs.150+tax lco collected rs.200, so i stopped and came to analogue for rs.120, now it is increased to rs.140 for the past two months. In other parts of chennai city are they giving sports channel when india matches happen any channel for rs.120? In the base pack there is no english news channel and also no sports channel. So i think it is better to have analogue.
I am currently having my stb brought during 2014. stopped during the end of 2014, can i use it anytime back by paying reactivation charges, or else it will go waste?

Back
Top Bottom