SCV creates online customer portal for payment and management!!

Satvijay said:
I am talking here of somthing which is implemented. you are talking of somthing else. :D:D:D:D I dont want to debate here with laymen. who does not understand anything.

No! That was not the question.

Question:

Satvijay said:
implementing this for analog users is difficult or impossible. there is no control over connections which they give and arasu cannot block for one user if they have defaulted. even scv has implemented only for digital users.

Answer:

HOUSE-MD said:
When the metro water can cut water lines of defaulters, when EB dept can cut electricity to defaulters, when rationshop has a head count and make users to update their cards at proper intervals ... etc... etc.. etc... Arasu having a head count and blocking the cable access to a single defaulter is very much ... very much possible. :tup

The Answer has been given, its upto you to either take it or leave it. I cant force others to accept what ever i say while everyone has the right to deny any comment that they don't agree upon.

sathishbabu4u said:
Electricity , Metro Water are essential need for day to day life. Is it cable service also essential need for day to day life.
I hope EB, Metro water dept under state govt are running under loss, but govt still running it under its control because of it is essential need.
But Cable Service is not essential like other , i personally feel , govt no need to concentrate in this one.
Govt has to implement strict rules and make the private network run smoothly and effectively (which prev. TN and Central govt failed to do in Chennai, which causing trouble to this till now).

Yes, you are right. But if something is terribly wrong and if state govt is unable to stop it (TRAI/I&B controls cable tv's) then they have no other option but to take control of it.

Eg: Liquor business was with private and there were too many deaths due to illicit liquor, when TASMAC took over it now there are barely any such deaths (lets leave the other pro's and cons of TASMAC as this would lead to unwanted and lengthier discussions).

Unless Arasu takes over cable its hard to control the pricing and unwanted channel removals. Yes, the private parties can do this, but they haven't done it till now while TN Govt cant control it from outside so they are trying to own them. Looks like they haven't got any choice in this.

My point is clear, as per TRAI rule basic price should be Rs 100, with pay channels the base price would be Rs 150, all popular channels availability atleast on a-la-carte (local cable doesn't have limitations like DTH).

This is not my expectation but these are TRAI rules, if any private MSO is ready to do this then i'm more than happy to support them. But since my current MSO fails to do any of these i have no other choice than to opt for a public service i.e. Arasu.

[For those who think this discussion is outside the topic, please ask mods to split the thread and form a new thread for this discussion]

HOUSE-MD said:
No! That was not the question.

Question:

Answer:

The Answer has been given, its upto you to either take it or leave it. I cant force others to accept what ever i say while everyone has the right to deny any comment that they don't agree upon.
The question was for cable, answer was for eb and ration

HOUSE-MD said:
Yes, you are right. But if something is terribly wrong and if state govt is unable to stop it (TRAI/I&B controls cable tv's) then they have no other option but to take control of it.

Eg: Liquor business was with private and there were too many deaths due to illicit liquor, when TASMAC took over it now there are barely any such deaths (lets leave the other pro's and cons of TASMAC as this would lead to unwanted and lengthier discussions).

Unless Arasu takes over cable its hard to control the pricing and unwanted channel removals. Yes, the private parties can do this, but they haven't done it till now while TN Govt cant control it from outside so they are trying to own them. Looks like they haven't got any choice in this.

My point is clear, as per TRAI rule basic price should be Rs 100, with pay channels the base price would be Rs 150, all popular channels availability atleast on a-la-carte (local cable doesn't have limitations like DTH).

This is not my expectation but these are TRAI rules, if any private MSO is ready to do this then i'm more than happy to support them. But since my current MSO fails to do any of these i have no other choice than to opt for a public service i.e. Arasu.

[For those who think this discussion is outside the topic, please ask mods to split the thread and form a new thread for this discussion]

TASMAC is making profit right now, I strongly believe cable service won't make profit in this case. jaya network becomes pay channels , next month of launching Arasu cable. How come Arasu cable giving lot of paychannels at cost of 70rs. lot of people in rural area getting the pay channels , but they won't watch all of them. But the cost will go to channel broadcaster. It is people's money.

Please make the mindset correctly.
What is need in chennai currently is healthy competition between private cable network and eliminating the politicians

sathishbabu4u said:
TASMAC is making profit right now, I strongly believe cable service won't make profit in this case. jaya network becomes pay channels , next month of launching Arasu cable. How come Arasu cable giving lot of paychannels at cost of 70rs. lot of people in rural area getting the pay channels , but they won't watch all of them. But the cost will go to channel broadcaster. It is people's money.

Please make the mindset correctly.
What is need in chennai currently is healthy competition between private cable network and eliminating the politicians

Don't Jaya TV group deserve the pay tv status if channels like Chutti tv, Aadithya, Sun Music, Sun news, RDP, Raj TV, Mega TV Group.. have become pay tv..???

Arasu had made Rs.12 crore profit during last financial year and that too in analog.

If DAS License issued three years back, Arasu would have achieved 100% digtisation in TN & Chennai. (unlike SCV-a private MSO who serves for past 10+ years which converts only 3 Lakhs analog connections into digital out of 25Lakhs in chennai alone)

sathishbabu4u said:
I strongly believe cable service won't make profit in this case.

TACTVC reported unaudited net profit of Rs. 12.02 crore for 2013-14.

sathishbabu4u said:
jaya network becomes pay channels , next month of launching Arasu cable. How come Arasu cable giving lot of paychannels at cost of 70rs.

Whats wrong in Jaya Network becoming a pay channel? Jaya Network is a private party which needs funds to run business. Since they run few news for the ruling party we cant expect them to offer service for free.

sathishbabu4u said:

Healthy competition?
Did you or any one else see any healthy competition for the last 10+ years?
There are over 10 private MSO's with license in Chennai. Why is that these 10 are not present in over 90% of the city?

Just look at this thread and you shall have a clear picture on what really was and is happening in Chennai.

TCCL or Arasu or any MSO challenging SCV a reality or just a myth.

Right now only Arasu looks promising for better service at affordable cost, but they too seem to be having multiple issues and missing from the scene. Hope they enter soon.

HOUSE-MD said:
TACTVC reported unaudited net profit of Rs. 12.02 crore for 2013-14.

I told, TASMAC can get it, but not cable service

Whats wrong in Jaya Network becoming a pay channel? Jaya Network is a private party which needs funds to run business. Since they run few news for the ruling party we cant expect them to offer service for free.

Nothing wrong in that one. But why it became pay channel within one month of launching arasu cable.

Healthy competition?
Did you or any one else see any healthy competition for the last 10+ years?
There are over 10 private MSO's with license in Chennai. Why is that these 10 are not present in over 90% of the city?

Just look at this thread and you shall have a clear picture on what really was and is happening in Chennai.

TCCL or Arasu or any MSO challenging SCV a reality or just a myth.

It is not happening, hence state / central govt has implement strict rule in this so that people will get best service

Right now only Arasu looks promising for better service at affordable cost, but they too seem to be having multiple issues and missing from the scene. Hope they enter soon.

I really don't want argue with you. clearly u r looking govt supported guy , not welfare of people's need

sathishbabu4u said:
I really don't want argue with you. clearly u r looking govt supported guy , not welfare of people's need

He will never change. He always talks of arasu and politics here, though he is still with SCV analog. The thread started about online payment and now the discussion is about tasmac,EB, ration and metrowater.

Satvijay said:
He will never change. He always talks of arasu and politics here, though he is still with SCV analog.

Thats why I stopped arguing here! No point in explaining anything to such personalities.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock