SES 9 reach orbit (108.2) successfully and testing completed

RE: SES 7 and SES 9

Thankyou 'Sai Jai' Bro. :)

'M.J.Sadiq' bro.! Thankyou for bringing it into my notice. Kindly do let me know is it ok now. I've just edited and re-posted it again as it is explained there by 'mmadhankumar bro.'  :)

shawl_who said:
thats very gud news :eek:hya

Yes, n2yo reporting, ses9 @108e :win

Gud days are ahead... :eek:hya

SES-9 has already secured business in advance of the satellite’s entry in commercial service. SES will co-market SES-9 capacity with Indonesia’s largest satellite telecommunications services company, PT Telekomunikasi Indonesia, to the Indonesian market. In addition, Sky Cable, the largest cable television provider in the Philippines, signed a multi-year, multi-transponder agreement for broadcasting direct-to-home (DTH) satellite TV channels. This week SES also partnered with Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd., a worldwide leader in satellite networking technology, to launch the SES Enterprise+ Hybrid Broadband in Asia. This innovative, hybrid broadband solution will use capacity from SES-9. - See more at: http://www.ses.com/4233325/news/2016/22293201#sthash.UqGrTefd.dpuf

'shawl_who' bro! Its fine that SES-9 has already secured business in advance of the satellite’s entry in commercial service. But the main question is what about Airtel Digital TV? Any information about it brother?

Secured means that they have made many business deals even before the satellite became operational that is before today so they are not in scenario of facing loses,but not all TP's would be used by these clients that have been mentioned in article
SES in it's past articles has always mentioned India also as their expansion target through SES 9 and no article has been released by SES still about any deal with any Indian business firm,so a good amount of TP's would still be reserved for India for some time
It is upto Airtel how they can get these TP's soon and for this they will have to bypass the system through hook or crook,for the next 2 or 3 years no Satellite is to be placed at 108.2 degree as of now so it is a do or die situation for ADTV and they have done amazing in their DTH business and wouldn't want to lose it as RDTV did as competition is very very less in DTH business as only 4 DTH operators are left and India is still a huge market for DTH's in future so I am still confident that they will get the Transponders soon :win :win

I expect ISRO and ADTV must have reached some deal due to which ADTV started rolling out STB Updates. Once updation is over in next few days we can see TPs getting added right away from ses 9 and monsoon party will begin. In the initial phase we will see full exhaustion of ses 7 TPs with simultaneous testing of SES 9 tps. Next we will see addition of 5 to 15 HD channels and may be few SD because ADTV already have most of SD channels. Subsequently cost of HD pack will rise by 25 to 50 per month step by step.
ADTV recently focused on adding regional HD channels so we can expect they might add Infotainment HD channels along with upcoming new HD channels as we can expect another 25 to 40 new HD channels this year which majority will come from ZEE group regional stuff to counter Star and Colors. We will surely see about 3 to 5 HD English movies channels out of which 2 already announced. Ten group will surely launch another HD channels. We may see few more English news channels going HD.
So in order to stay ahead in competition ADTV will need massive TP space generally speaking 10 to 12 TPS on SES 9 which will be equivalent to 16 to 18 36 MHZ equivalent TPS which can help them add another 100 HD channels easily with advance compression and also launch of 4K technology in couple of years

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock