Shaheer Sheikh’s Mahabharat listed among 20 best TV series of the world

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Competing with critically acclaimed shows like ‘Westworld’ and ‘Peaky Blinders’, Siddharth Kumar Tewary’s (Founder of Swastik Productions) Mahabharat (2013-2014) has ranked among the top 18 shows in the world on an American website. The list was made on the basis of the user rating on popular movie website IMDB (Internet Movie Database).

Siddharth said in a statment, “I feel blessed. When I started working on ‘Mahabharat’, all I wished was to create history. We wanted our work to be appreciated by people. Since ours is a different interpretation of the epic, targeting a much younger Indian audience, we were unsure of the outcome. All we knew was to give it our best, so this news makes us proud of our efforts. Also, our series is over 260 episodes compared to other series made in the West. Since they have a limited number of episodes which ensures that the product is of a certain quality, we telecast 26 episodes a month, and still we were able to maintain a certain standard and were mentioned in the same league as international series, makes us very ecstatic.

Mahabharat became the talking point in the country because of its gripping screenplay, cast and larger than life costumes. Tewary’s deep research got him huge appreciation. From costume to casting, everything was done under his observation. Sidharth has always maintained that his show wasn’t a remake of BR’s Chopra’s Mahabharat, instead it was a reinterpretation of the epic. It took him five years to put the series on air.

Sidharth has many great shows like Razia Sultan and Suryaputra Karn to his credit. Siddharth’s latest show ‘Karamphaldata Shani’ (Colors) is also being appreciated by the audience.

Shaheer Sheikh's Mahabharat listed among 20 best TV series of the world - Bollywoodlife.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock