Sky News is launching its 24-hour Arabic news channel

mmadhankumar

The Earth will be better without Us..
Staff member
Community Manager
Reaction score
Having just been made available in the US and Canada via Livestation, Sky News is launching a 24-hour Arabic news channel, which has been two years in the making. Today, Sky News Arabia, the multi-media news platform is finally launching at 4pm GMT (8pm UAE time).

Joining the ranks of Al Jazeera, Al Arabiya and BBC News Arabic, Sky News Arabia is a 50/50 joint venture between BSkyB’s Sky News and UAE-based Abu Dhabi Media Investment Company (ADMIC).

ADMIC is a private investment company owned by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, a member of the Abu Dhabi royal family and owner of Manchester City Football Club.

Broadcasting from Abu Dhabi, viewers will be able to tune in to the free-to-air channel throughout the Middle East and North Africa. The channel is launching with 22 presenters from across the Arab world, with 10 bureaus in the Middle East, the UK and US.

Sky News Arabia’s website launched in beta in February, and with the channel launch, its Arabic speaking audience will gain access to videos, blogs, interactive maps, analysis, commentary and photo galleries.

In addition to Sky News Arabia’s own content, like Al Jazeera, it will also offer viewers the opportunity to have their say, by featuring user-generated content.

Speaking about the launch, Chairman of Sky News Arabia, Dr Sultan Al Jaber said, “Sky News Arabia will prove to be a truly unique experience for the new Arab generation – offering them the highest standards in technology, coupled with fresh original news from across the world.”

Source

Sky News Arabia takes to the air

Sky News Arabia, the new 24 hour Arabic language rolling news channel, will go live across the Middle East and North Africa today at 19.00 Mecca time (20.00 in the UAE, 18.00 in Cairo, and 16.00 GMT).

The channel will be broadcast via free to air satellite on transponder 15 on Arabsat Badr 4, transponder 14 on Nilesat 201, and via IPTV in the UAE on either Etisalat's eLife service or Du TV. OSN will also carry Sky News Arabia via its satellite-based pay-TV platform across the Arab world.

It will also broadcast across multiple platforms, including smartphone, tablet and online, from launch.

"The Sky News Arabia team have worked hard for nearly two years to create an independent, 24-hour, Arabic-language multi-media news platform. I am confident we will break new ground and set a new benchmark for news coverage in the Arab world. I encourage viewers to tune in for our inaugural broadcast at 8pm UAE time on Sunday and to join us in shaping the future of Arab news," said Nart Bouran, head of Sky News Arabia.

Dr Sultan Al Jaber, chairman of Sky News Arabia added: "Sky News Arabia will prove to be a truly unique experience for the new Arab generation – offering them the highest standards in technology, coupled with fresh original news from across the world."

"I believe that from tonight at 8:00pm viewers across the Middle East and North Africa will experience a new standard for consuming news in the region."

The channel, a 50:50 joint venture between the UK's BSkyB and Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed's Abu Dhabi Media Investment Corporation (ADMIC), is based in Abu Dhabi's twofour54 media hub.

I believe, they are quite serious, thus these frequent rollouts...

I guess these it will be an excellent service !

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock