{Solved}Facing a problem with my HD DVR

Finally in evening the technicians came,and installed the new STB,I was confused when I looked at the initial setup of DVR,it was looking totally different from my last DVR and very bad UI

After they set it up,only 8 or 9 channels were running and rest all channels were giving blank screen without any error code,I checked the software version and it is running on the oldest software that is 350
They asked me to wait for 1 hour and said that it takes time for all channels to get activated,but till now also I am not getting 99% of the channels,and out the 10 channels I am getting the SD channels are running just in the center with equal black bars on all 4 sides  :s :s :s
Another thing that I have noticed is that if I am entering channel number 801 through keys on remote it is giving channel not available,and same for all channels from 800 to last,I am only able to enter and go directly to channels till 799,If I go to channel 799 and then press right arrow to go to channel number 801 and then press Ok then that channel comes,don't know whether all these issues would be resolved after update or not

Presently I am getting "Wait User" message in Software Download status,don't know when the update would install  :-/

Then I again called nodals and they have registered another complaint and they have asked me to wait till tomorrow evening,I really hope that current STB is also not faulty

9QOCxDs.jpg

iQ37P45.jpg

iQ37P45.jpg

Kumar bro, why didnot the technician update the software it's too old also UI doesn't look quite good, bro hope your software gets updated soon and you do get all the channels soon.

rahul1117kumar said:
Kumar bro, why didnot the technician update the software it's too old also UI doesn't look quite good, bro hope your software gets updated soon and you do get all the channels soon.

These technicians are dumb,he didn't even knew the code to update Software manually,they are just playing blame games,technician says it's customer care's fault,CC says contact technician as he can only solve it we can't do anything,Nodal officers are busy sending priority mails here and there which no one reads neither the technicians nor the customer care,no coordination  :u :u

Presently I am just feeling to throw this box away,took a month to give a new box,deducted Rs.600 from my DTH account without even informing me,and even after that 99% of the channels are not coming and every deptt. of ADTV is clueless about this issue and blaming one another  :angry :angry

RE: Facing a problem with my HD DVR

I wonder how you bearing this problem for 1month.
if it was happend to me I just throw the STB at their office and lodge a complaint at consumer forum.

Hey Kumar Bro, send a Heavy Refresh request via SMS and leave your HD DVR in Standby mode overnight.

Drake said:
Hey Kumar Bro, send a Heavy Refresh request via SMS and leave your HD DVR in Standby mode overnight.

I forgot to keep it on at night but switched it on in morning and within one hour it was automatically updated to 601,and now all the channels are working normally,but I checked the signal quality and signal strength and both signal quality bars are in red,Yesterday those technicians were not able to check signal strength as it was running on old UI ,so now I have called for another technician visit to correct the signal quality 

And yes I tried to switch off the STB and then switch it on again after update and now I am not facing that auto download update problem  :shy

kumarvishwas said:
I forgot to keep it on at night but switched it on in morning and within one hour it was automatically updated to 601,and now all the channels are working normally,but I checked the signal quality and signal strength and both signal quality bars are in red,Yesterday those technicians were not able to check signal strength as it was running on old UI ,so now I have called for another technician visit to correct the signal quality 

And yes I tried to switch off the STB and then switch it on again after update and now I am not facing that auto download update problem  :shy

Congrats Bro, now all that's left to do is take back your Rs.600 from those Hungry Rodents!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock