Some comments by d2h COO

ibunasym

Reaction score
Hello guys, I sent a long email to d2h's COO. Pls find his reply and my email. What he ia asking for my telephone number, but I cannot do so as I am non from India. I would appreciate if someone would be willing to be contacted by d2h who can have a word with their team regarding the problems I have highlighted and further concerns the member may have. If so the member can PM me the number so I can reply back with the number to COO. Thanks
---------------------
Sir

Thank you for your email. Can you share your telephone no please. I would like someone from my team to call you to take more specific feedback on product
Regards
Himanshu Patil

Sent from my iPhone

On 10-Apr-2015, at 10:18 pm, xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Dear COO,

Good day to you and your staff!

I just happen to get your email address from the Internet and thought of sharing some serious concerns from a dedicated and loyal customer's point of view.

I have been a long time customer and paying the highest package price (Platinum HD) for viewing HD channels mostly. Earlier d2h has been known to carry the most number HD channels and most number of sports channels as well. I am very much concerned that d2h has lost the footing within the above mentioned scope. And it is very worrying the other DTH ops have already leaped way forward in offering customers better services and channels.

As you would know we have been crying aloud in asking d2h to add Star Sports HD4 and it has already been nearly 3 months without any indication that it will be added anytime soon. Same goes to HBO HD channels and there are still plenty of HD channels which d2h need to add. Once cutomers are used to watch HD channels it is unlikely that they can turn back to watch low quality SD channels. We can understand that their might be transponder space constraints too, but sir, customers' voice should be heard first as DTH services are purely customer driven. For instance see what Airtel DTV has done in bringing SSHD4 to customers, they removed an HD channel and added SSHD4, such is their response to customers wants. Now almost all ops have added SSHD4, but d2h have not. Similarly HBO HD channels are also very much demanded by customers.

Further, in sharing some more concerns, d2h still need to work hard on STBs quality in terms of both hardware and software. For instance the HD DVR box is really a total headache for customers, mostly because of the buggy software. d2h has been releasing updates one after the other, but serious bugs present in each released update whcih is really of huge concern to the cutomers who have invested in expensive STBs and premium packages.

These are some concerns for the time being and many thanks for sparing some time to read this email. Hope to get some feedback regarding the concerns and more importantly about channel addition specifically when we could watch Star Sports HD 4.

Best regards,

I sent the mail just now and got his immediate response. Please see below -

Dear Ayan,

Thank you very much for your continued patronage of Videocon d2h.

As regards Nodal Officer, it is for a State, I will ensure that the concerned person is sensitized to ensure proper response for Mumbai Subscribers as well.

As regards addition of more HD channels, we are in the process of finalizing our plan for the same. Feedback noted.

I will keep you posted.

Regards

Himanshu Patil

Date: Saturday, April 11, 2015 at 12:43 PM
To: Himanshu Patil
Subject: Need your immediate intervention

Dear Himanshu,

I have been a loyal customer for over three years of your service, Infact I have now replaced all my connections with your service I.e. 3 in total number. I pay approx. Rs. 15000/- annually.

I have also subscribed to your recently launched 4k service which is amazing to say the least.

Having been users of Dish TV and Airtel earlier, I moved to d2h as you'll were the market leaders in cutting edge technology including maximum HD channels.

However since the beginning of 2014 your services have lagged behind especially in HD services. Now you'll are far behind with only 29 HD channels as compared to 41 HD channels of Dish TV.

Most disappointing is the aspect that Star Sports HD4 which was launched recently and is all the top DTH providers like Dish TV, Tata Sky, Airtel and Reliance is not yet on d2h. 13 matches of the recently concluded ICC World Cup on HD with English commentary was missed due to this fact. Moreover, all English Premier League and La Liga football, tennis and even this week's Golf Masters and entire Formula 1 season as well as Wimbledon are and will be shown only on Star Sports HD4 and viewers like us are missing the same.

I have contacted everyone in your customer care and this is the standard message I am getting from them -

We are trying to get this channel on board. But, this may take some time & hence we can't provide you with a specific date.

Furthermore, on your website there is no nodal officer for Mumbai region. I called up your Maharashtra nodal office in Pune and they informed that they cannot handle my problem.

Hence, i earnest request you to please ensure that d2h regains the top slot in Maximum number of HD channels and adds Star Sports HD4 along with other hd channels asap.

Thanks and awaiting your positive response at the earliest.

Regards,
Ayan Chakraborty

Sent from my iPad

This e-mail message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. It should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have erroneously received this message, please delete it immediately and notify the sender. The recipient acknowledges that BBCL, is unable to exercise control or ensure or guarantee the integrity of/over the contents of the information contained in e-mail transmissions and further acknowledges that any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and no binding nature of the message shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due authority of BBCL. Before opening any attachments please check them for viruses and defects.

Now atleast we know that they are putting a plan in place for HD channels addition. As I said post the funding coming in if by May end they don't add majority of the HD channels which are available in India then it would be clear that their priorities are wrong which would be quite surprising given the new investors they have got who are leaders in media business.

There is nothing new in this reply.. He just conveyed what cc has been saying in a different way...

That's for you to interpret as you wish it to be. I just posted the reply received from him. We have not got any such reply from such senior official of d2h before. Moreover, cc has always been making general replies. Now this person has said that they are putting a plan in place. Hopefully a plan does not take more than a month to be put into place. If they don't add channels by May end, then obviously I can follow up on this issue.

Moreover, on my first point of the nodal officer for Mumbai, just now the nodal desk guy called me and I listed out the HD channels to him which are on Dish TV and not on D2h. I also told him about Sony Kix. He said he will speak to the concerned person on channel addition in head office and call me back. Let's see what their response is.

ayanc99 said:
That's for you to interpret as you wish it to be. I just posted the reply received from him. We have not got any such reply from such senior official of d2h before. Moreover, cc has always been making general replies. Now this person has said that they are putting a plan in place. Hopefully a plan does not take more than a month to be put into place. If they don't add channels by May end, then obviously I can follow up on this issue.

Moreover, on my first point of the nodal officer for Mumbai, just now the nodal desk guy called me and I listed out the HD channels to him which are on Dish TV and not on D2h. I also told him about Sony Kix. He said he will speak to the concerned person on channel addition in head office and call me back. Let's see what their response is.

At high level the reply looks generic. I think that is why most of the members are taking it like that. But you are right. No such reply directly from senior official persons. Let us hope for the best.

Now the company is listed on Nasdaq and as per sec rules no specific announcement can be made by a listed company whether in India or abroad unless the stock exchange where it is listed on is informed first. So obviously he can't tell me when any or all HD channels will be specifically added. We can just take his current statement and wait for sometime before following up with him in case the additions doesn't take place.

ayanc99 said:
Now the company is listed on Nasdaq and as per sec rules no specific announcement can be made by a listed company whether in India or abroad unless the stock exchange where it is listed on is informed first. So obviously he can't tell me when any or all HD channels will be specifically added. We can just take his current statement and wait for sometime before following up with him in case the additions doesn't take place.

what r u saying bro :D:D:D
first of all i m in share market only. :':)':)'(
so announcements r something different
if anything which is related to insider trading or investment or anything which shud not b accessible to general public - all those things shud b made available to stock exchanges first in which these securities r listed.

mentioning hd channels is no where an exception.

rdtv announces - a listed company in india
dish tv announces - -do-
adtv announces - -do-

so y not d2h :wall:wall:wall

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock