Some Details of ST2 satellite that V D2H is using

Greatachiever

Reaction score
Satellite Name: ST 2
Position: 88° E (88° E)
Norad: 37606
Cospar number: 2011-022A
Operator: Singapore Telecommunications Ltd. (SingTel)/Chunghwa Telecom Co. Ltd.
Launch date: 20-May-2011
Launch site: Guiana Space Center
Launch vehicle: Ariane 5 ECA
Launch mass (kg): 5090
Dry mass (kg): 1986
Manufacturer: Mitsubishi Electric Corp. (MELCO)
Model (bus): DS2000
Orbit: GEO
Expected lifetime: 15 yrs.

Details:
41 Ku-band and 10 C-band transponders to provide services to Central Asia, South-East Asia, India sub-continent Middle East and Mediterranean Sea
Beams:

C-band Extended beam (active)
Ku-band K1 beam (active)
Ku-band K2 beam (active)
Ku-band K3 beam (active)

So on these 41 KU band transponders v d2h is using only 8 tps. so many tps are still there to hire on lease. so no space problem for v d2h in future also.

Sbhopale said:
Means no space crunch for videocon

yes bro no space crunch till future provided d2h hires the other tps which are free now and i am sure that d2h will other ku band tps also based on their future need to add the channels.

My Goodness, So We Can Expect Lots New SD & HD Channels Addition In D2H Really Great Info

Thanks for the details. After world cup, i will join d2h club if tata sky fail to add channels before diwali. Because tata sky dont want add channels if ts want they can move to mpeg4. The investment need is ₹1800 mn only[180 crore]

moreover this satelite is built by Mitsubishi Electric Corp Japan which is one of the best electrical and telecom co in the world.

The 41 Nos KU band tps are most powerful tps. also tripping is ruled out even if v d2h does lots of compression as it can withhold lots of power.

how many ku band tps are there in Ku-band K2 beam????

Sbhopale said:
Thanks for the details. After world cup, i will join d2h club if tata sky fail to add channels before diwali. Because tata sky dont want add channels if ts want they can move to mpeg4. The investment need is ₹1800 mn only[180 crore]

yeah bro i feel really sad as ts i am seeing no hope and i am also planning to move to d2h during mid of nov'12 once by ts subscriptions ends.

the daily change of launch date GSAT-10 also made it confirmed of my decision to move to d2h after ts association since Jan'07.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock