Breaking Sony acquires Cricket Australia media rights till 2023

Star Sports should take New Zealand Cricket rights after losing Australian Cricket rights.

On one hand Star's desperation is not so strong to bid for BCCI rights and you want them to bag NZ rights 😜😜😜😜😜
There's a pretty good chance Star gave Australia up rather than Sony stealing it from Star

The BCCI rights will be coming up early next year. With the high price you guys paid for the IPL rights, will Star bid with the same intensity to renew them?

It’s too soon for us to figure out whether we want to bid for BCCI or not. If we didn’t win the IPL rights then we had no choice. Now that we have it, the desperation is not so strong. Between the ICC and IPL, we still have a strong portfolio, especially because most of the ICC tournaments come before or after the IPL.

Contrary to what everybody thinks and says, for us the IPL rights were not very expensive. For our internal benchmark, we compare it with the price we were paying for the BCCI rights, which is 43 crore. You are paying 43 crores for a Test and that too not for select Tests against Australia and England. And you have to pay 10 crores more and get an IPL right. It’s a no-brainer.

We would kill each other to bid for Test cricket rights if everybody was watching it, says Star India CEO Uday Shankar

You almost talked against me. Bro how much cricket broadcasting rights they have? PAK, SL, ZIM, WI, SA & now AUS too. Still you expecting NZC rights from SPN? I don't think so. Yes, expect from DSport but I think Star Sports will definitely buy it after that & they should consider about that for us👍
Also Cpl,bbl,big bash,south Africa t20 league & Australian women cricket & women big bash.

Sony six telecast 6 country cricket i think its imposibble because they use only 1 channels for cricket its name sony six sd and hd

Sony shld rebrand Ten Golf as Sony Ten 4 HD n telecast Cricket , Football n other highlights for the same

Yes Ten Golf is just waste of a channel. As Uday Shankar of Star India rightly said that I'd probably generate more money by directly delivering DVDs of golf rather than showing it on TV. 😂😂
The will definitely need it because if they win BCCI rights, they'll need a dedicated channel like Star to show programs Iike Swinging Shami, Perfect Pujara 😀😀

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock