Breaking Sony is in talks to buy a stake in Network18

• Thread starter GJ mit
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 635
  • Views: Views 105,083
Sony will hold 74% in the resultant merged company not in viacom18. Viacom 18 is a JV where 51% is owned by network 18 (75% owned by RIL) and 49% owned by Viacom. In the merged company 26% will be held by Viacom 18 of which RIL will own around 11%, Viacom will hold around 13% and around 2% would be for the non promoter shareholding in Network18.

Right. This is what i was thinking about. Both companies will have independent identity like it is at present.. Just that they r coming together to merge and operate together to leverage each other's synergies. So Viacom18 or Sony chs will not b clubbed into one or have names changed.... What will happen is jv chs or partners deciding who gets to manage which genre like sony exited eng gec, hindi music so that viacom18 could build on it

Sony gains access to regional market from an already veteran player in this segment which they were looking for years. They get a youth centric network, 2 successful English GEC and dominance in kids market. While Viacom gets a English Movie and access to some of the most successful reality shows.
Will content sharing happen ? Like films shared. Or shows shared . Like can regional channel get access to Sony shows without purchasing mainly KBC

Will content sharing happen ? Like films shared. Or shows shared . Like can regional channel get access to Sony shows without purchasing mainly KBC
I think colors regional channels will get access to sony fiction.

I am not really the person who can answer these questions. I am writing this based on Sony's previous acquisitions. Sony will like to use it's library on regional markets. They are already doing it. Meanwhile don't expect any shows of SET moving to Colors. Or shows of Colors moving to SET. I have noticed they always keep the shows in the existing channels. And it would be indeed easier for Viacom's channels to get KBC or any other programming license as Sony Pictures owns the license.

All market k but tamil colors channel 0 ratting colors channel top 10 channels reach 10th channels trp

I think Sony - Viacom Deal not Game changing merger in India :(
hJifo5s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock