Breaking Sony officially announces termination of Zee merger

• Thread starter Aksgr
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 188
  • Views: Views 34,326
I hope zee gets further humiliated in case if they plan to sue Sony.
Indian media conglomerate Zee Entertainment said it will take legal action against Japan-based Sony Group following the termination of merger plans which would've created India's largest broadcasting company.

Agree. Sony isn't stupid to terminate it knowing they would've to pay $100 million. Japan has strict financial regulations.
620 crores is not simple amount,
As per my understanding its written that the termination within !8 months of deal announced would cost 100M$, but also says parties must agree for 3 times extending the deadline. It would be the best case study to see how this will move forward. Also its sony who can sue them upon not disclosing those details of "fraud" during merger.

620 crores is not simple amount,
As per my understanding its written that the termination within !8 months of deal announced would cost 100M$, but also says parties must agree for 3 times extending the deadline. It would be the best case study to see how this will move forward. Also its sony who can sue them upon not disclosing those details of "fraud" during merger.
Yes. $100 million may look minuscule when Sony takes the overall revenue into account but in terms of their Indian subsidiary alone, it is indeed a huge amount. So they would've already rectified it with their financial and legal experts.

It's a total loss for Zee only.
ae76hJg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock