Breaking Sony Ten 1 HD, Sony Ten 1,2,3 will be available only on Ala Carte basis from 1st December 2017

Looks like Dish TV has introduced something called MAP points (not sure if this is new but never heard) to compensate users who recharged for package containing TEN channels before 01-Nov-17.

Saw this on Dish TV T&C section ( sorry copy pasting big text :cautious:)

Terms and Conditions for availing Sony Ten 1, Ten 2 and Ten 3 channels:
Effective December 1, 2017, Sony Ten 1, Sony Ten 2 and Sony Ten 3 channels {Ten Channel(s)} shall be available only on ala carte basis.
(i). Subscribers already receiving any of the ‘Ten channel(s)’, who recharged their connection before November 1, 2017 and active, will be credited with 10 MAP points in their dishtv account in lieu of each Ten channel for each month of their balance subscription period or part thereof. The MAP points can be used to avail MAP ala carte channels. Else, if the subscriber wishes to continue availing the Ten Channel(s), which was/were being availed by him, till his next recharge date, he shall be required to SMS DISHTV GET <channel number> <VC Number> to 57575 from his RMN or call Dish TV at 1860-258-3474. SMS charges shall be credited in the dishtv account of the subscriber. After the next recharge date, the opted ‘Ten channel(s)’ shall continue to be available to the subscriber at a special price of Rs. 8.50+GST unless opted out by the subscriber by calling Dish TV customer care at 1860-258-3474 before the expiry of the current subscription period.
(ii) Subscribers, who have recharged their connection after November 1, 2017 and availing any of the Ten Channel(s), can avail the said channel at a special price of Rs. 8.50+GST since the said Ten Channel were being made available on free preview basis w.e.f. November 1, 2017. In case the subscriber does not wish to avail the said channel and wish to unsubscribe the same, he shall be required to contact Dish TV customer care at 1860-258-3474 before the expiry of the current subscription period. Lock in period shall be applicable. Any downgrade by the subscriber, shall result into lapse of balance MAP points and the subscriber shall not be entitled for any special price for the Ten Channel thereafter. MAP points shall have the validity of 6 months

◾If you had recharged before 1st nov 2017 will get 10 Mera Apna Pack points for each sony ten SD channel & 20 Mera Apna Pack Points for Sony Ten1 HD( if were havin any of these channels in your pack..)
◾If you were Subscribed to pack havin any Sony Ten channels then you will get those channels till next recharge date by usin points against those channels..
◾If anyone tried to downgraded pack to extend recharge date then it will be lapse of MAP points & sony Ten channels will not be available at special a la carte price 10 & 20 per month after next recharge date..
◾recharge done before 1st nov 2017 will get 10 Points for SD & 20 Points for HD for each sony ten channel of your pack each month which can be used till subscription period..
◾SMS charges will be credited to account..
◾30 days lock in period for MAP a la carte..
◾One can opt out before expiry of subscription period if not willin to get these channels..
◾MAP points Validity 6 months..

Last edited:
I have recharged way back and all Ten channels are in my base pack and next recharge date was October 2018.

But I activated Ten 2 yesterday and it costed me 10 bucks. Then how can MAP point compensate me?

Im
◾If you had recharged before 1st nov 2017 will get 10 Mera Apna Pack points for each sony ten SD channel & 20 Mera Apna Pack Points for Sony Ten1 HD( if were havin any of these channels in your pack..)
◾If you were Subscribed to pack havin any Sony Ten channels then you will get those channels till next recharge date by usin points against those channels..
◾If anyone tried to downgraded pack to extend recharge date then it will be lapse of MAP points & sony Ten channels will not be available at special a la carte price 10 & 20 per month after next recharge date..
◾recharge done before 1st nov 2017 will get 10 Points for SD & 20 Points for HD for each sony ten channel of your pack each month which can be used till subscription period..
◾SMS charges will be credited to account..
◾30 days lock in period for MAP a la carte..
◾One can opt out before expiry of subscription period if not willin to get these channels..
◾MAP points Validity 6 months..
Im on full on hd so how can i get ten 1 HD back using those points?

I think no need to activate Sony sports channels, until if we r missing something important sports,I think all will back in base packs soon along with pending other Sony network channels

I think no need to activate Sony sports channels, until if we r missing something important sports,I think all will back in base packs soon along with pending other Sony network channels
You are right bro im not gonna activate them on ala carte

Im

using those points?
if you have recharged before only n only 1st nov 2017 then only you are eligible for points.if you have recharged for a month pack havin 3 sony ten sd channels then you will get 30 points, likewise,for 3 months you will get 90 points ..same for Sony Ten 1 HD 20 points for a month & likewise, 60 points for three months..
For activation if you are interested need to call or SMS only..
If you have recharged after 1st nov 2017 ,you are not eligible for points..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock