Sony Wins England Cricket Rights For Indian Sub Continent...

For star sports, they will have their hands full by covering the finer aspects of IPL, International cricket in India, EPL, Bundesliga, Formula one, Wimbledon and few ATP tours. Fillers would be ISL, pro kaaddi and finally they can even think about hockey.

Over the past few years, star has stopped providing customised coverage on major sports events except cricket involving Indian team. Mostly, relaying the feed from the domestic broadcaster with minimal to non-existent customization. Freeing themselves from certain broadcast rights might give them the opportunity to offer the same.

Well one thing for sure.Sony did great job in telecasting IPL.If they can bring it to international series,it will be good.

I bet this one. SPSN will take over indian home rights as well. In the next FTP, India play Bangladesh and NZ only once outside home.

With so many cricket rights in it's kitty, now SPSN will look to loose rights from West Indies, Zimbabwe and maybe Sri Lanka. They may also let go Serie A & La Liga from next season.
La liga and Sri Lanka... No way. Sri Lanka are in good form right now. Would be too expensive for Sony. La liga key clashes have higher ratings than the PL. Wouldbe costly to give up that too

Well one thing for sure.Sony did great job in telecasting IPL.If they can bring it to international series,it will be good.
What great job? Extraa innings is nothing compared to Cricket Live. Also the graphics produced were by IMG London,and not Sony. They just broadcasted whatever was given by the production rights.

What great job? Extraa innings is nothing compared to Cricket Live. Also the graphics produced were by IMG London,and not Sony. They just broadcasted whatever was given by the production rights.
Well that's depends.I found my person enjoyed extra innings rather than old style back back.

Well that's depends.I found my person enjoyed extra innings rather than old style back back.
While telling stats, cricket live uses 3D graphics for players, teams and all that stuff. Extra innings just shows a dialog at the bottom

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock