Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 11,442
  • Views Views: Views 1,672,209

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
So from tommorow just because 2 matches at same time now mtv sd and mtv hd both will show fifa world cup matches

Now it's interesting to see will sports18 sd fixture matches live on mtv sd or sports18 hd fixture matches live on mtv sd but one thing is good from tommorow people can watch in mtv sd channel also with hindi commentary

1svHLRd.jpg
HD broadcast is there for one match only. Backward move in 2022. It's like we are in 2012 again.

Same way Euro Cup and Wimbledon are national importance events.
I can understand Wimbledon with Indian players playing but how on earth is Euro Cup and FIFA WC national importance when no Indian team is there?

So as per Sports Act Euro Cup is national importance but Indian football in Asia Cup is not national importance coz I dont remember DD Sports telecasting India matches during 2019 Asia Cup or was it only on DD Freedish?

If there was no telecast then someone has to tell the government and the people who created the Act the definition of the word National

I can understand Wimbledon with Indian players playing but how on earth is Euro Cup and FIFA WC national importance when no Indian team is there?

So as per Sports Act Euro Cup is national importance but Indian football in Asia Cup is not national importance coz I dont remember DD Sports telecasting India matches during 2019 Asia Cup or was it only on DD Freedish?

If there was no telecast then someone has to tell the government and the people who created the Act the definition of the word National
Latest, full list is here. https://mib.gov.in/sites/default/files/Notification of sporting events of national importance .PDF
Post in thread 'All major Sports Events will be broadcasted live on Doordarshan' Breaking - All major Sports Events will be broadcasted live on Doordarshan

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom