Sports Channels in India (Current & Upcoming) - Broadcast Rights, General Discussion, News & Updates

• Thread starter Zaxotes
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 10,415
  • Views: Views 1,444,407

Should Sports Networks have Regional Channels?

• Total voters
I don't see their any commitments on Live On Air events ECBs English T20, SLCs Sri lanka and Sri lanka A all these matches blackouts for WWE highlights and Roland Garros airing on remaining channels.
Repeats of WWE pay per views traditionally airs on Sunday in India. So that those who have jobs on weekdays gets to watch it on weekends.

AyLOBPa.jpg
HSqKgaH.png

Repeats of WWE pay per views traditionally airs on Sunday in India. So that those who have jobs on weekdays gets to watch it on weekends.
They are airing most of WWE highlights are years back events, it's ok airing WWE PPV on some slots, but they are airing highlights again to blackout On Air Live matches.

They are airing most of WWE highlights are years back events, it's ok airing WWE PPV on some slots, but they are airing highlights again to blackout On Air Live matches.
They were airing events from last Sunday and Monday. These shouldn't be considered highlights. I agree with you they should've found way to air Sri Lanka vs Afghanistan. They could've added an English audio on Sony Ten 3 and Sony Ten 4. Most people subscribes to Sony Ten 1 for WWE. So they can't subscribe the choice of their most paying audience.

They were airing events from last Sunday and Monday. These shouldn't be considered highlights. I agree with you they should've found way to air Sri Lanka vs Afghanistan. They could've added an English audio on Sony Ten 3 and Sony Ten 4. Most people subscribes to Sony Ten 1 for WWE. So they can't subscribe the choice of their most paying audience.
They should air all SLC/ECB Live matches least on Sony Ten 1SD/3 SD, even women's Ashes too. If WWE highlights response is good then they should continue on Sony Ten 1 HD.

They should air all SLC/ECB Live matches least on Sony Ten 1SD/3 SD, even women's Ashes too. If WWE highlights response is good then they should continue on Sony Ten 1 HD.
Nah, stick to current strategy. Just rebrand Sony Ten 4 to a national channel. With the amount of content they got. Regional channels makes no sense.

Last edited:
Nah, stick to current strategy. Just rebrand to Sony Ten 4 to a national channel. With the amount of content they got. Regional channels makes no sense.
But I think they should change current strategy. Not every match deserved air on Both HD or SD, least airing on SD or HD variant exclusively overall boost viewership and help new subscribers acquisition.

But I think they should change current strategy. Not every match deserved air on Both HD or SD, least airing on SD or HD variant exclusively overall boost viewership and help new subscribers acquisition.
They use to do before they bought Ten Sports Network. It was a bad strategy. There was decline in viewership of FIFA Women's World Cup, NFL etc.

They use to do before they bought Ten Sports Network. It was a bad strategy. There was decline in viewership of FIFA Women's World Cup, NFL etc.
Still it's not difficult work for them, SD have bigger viewership when we compare with Premium HD viewers. Can't say these strategies decline viewership of HD from SD or SD from HD.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock