STAR Cricket launches Hindi presentation for Ind-Eng Series

tech_genie

Reaction score
Sports broadcaster ESPN STARSports today unveiled a brand new presentation of the India-England cricket series in Hindi with the likes former captains Kapil Dev and Sourav Ganguly set to be part of the commentary team in STAR Cricket channel.

It has lined-up a star-studded list of experts who will do commentary as well as studio analysis on every match day of the series which begins here tomorrow.

The experts in the list include Indian bowling legend and the 1983 World Cup-winning captain Kapil Dev, former Pakistan skipper Ramiz Raja, another former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly, former Test batsmen Navjot Singh Sidhu and Arun Lal and noted journalist Ayaz Memon among others.

STAR Cricket's presentation/production will be based on the theme -- 'Jo baat hindi mein hai, kissi aur mein nahi.... Dekhiye India vs England 15 Nov se Hindi mein sirf STAR Cricket par'.

21kyr60.jpg

Speaking on the occasion, Kapil Dev said that live Hindi commentary of cricket matches for the consumption of fans in the nook and corner of the country was the need of the hour.

"I have been thinking for better part of past two decades why is that Hindi commentary is not pushed on live cricket.

Cricket is followed not just in metros but across the country, in villages, in towns. Look at the current Indian team -- Dhoni, Zaheer, Harbhajan, all of them come from small towns/ cities. It is the need of hour and I am glad that STAR Cricket has taken this initiative in launching a quality product in Hindi language," Kapil said.

Navjot Singh Sidhu said, "Dil hai Hindustani. Hindi bolo, Hindi suno. It feels so much better when you say it in Hindi.

Even for cricket lover, it will make so much of a difference.

I mean what fun in saying 'great shot' when a batsmen has played a good shot. Instead, 'Dhuadhar ballebaji', is so much more fun, so much more apt. We will take the experience of the viewer to another level on STAR Cricket. I am looking forward to my stint."

Source: STAR Cricket launches brand new Hindi presentation | Deccan Chronicle

But i like english commentary in star cricket.
But now they swapped to starsports

yes agree with karthik... usually they show english commentary in star cricket and hindi on star sports, but now they have swapped :(

BTW... what feed on Star cricket HD :huh:huh:huh

really bad move for south indian peoples..language problem plays a big role in india not only in dth now in channels also..ufff.....

i dont know why they r not giving dual lang option on star cricket like max gave during ipl. star sports can b used for football and other things

dino29 said:
i dont know why they r not giving dual lang option on star cricket like max gave during ipl. star sports can b used for football and other things
u can send a mail for that to them. :p

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock