Star India in flux as disney gains ground

i agree with few points made out by brothers regarding having rights on footballs matches and not telecasting it and giving priorities too cricket...but then again its all number games Indians prefer cricket then any other sport so they were left no choice other then too telecast cricket...but m sure once ESPN steps in everything will change....star sports 3 HD did not launch and m some what sure it will never launch they might even close down star sports3... Disney has started taking right steps taking rights of SPL and MLB...hence showing they are concentrating other sports too and buying out rights for bringing ESPN back....i feel once NBA rights expire from sony STAR will go for it and get that as well...Disney will try and focus on more American sports

Last edited:
i agree with few points made out by brothers regarding having rights on footballs matches and not telecasting it and giving priorities too cricket...but then again its all number games Indians prefer cricket then any other sport so they were left no choice other then too telecast cricket...but m sure once ESPN steps in everything will change....star sports 3 HD did not launch and m some what sure it will never launch they might even close down star sports3... Disney has started taking right steps taking rights of SPL and MLB...hence showing they are concentrating other sports too and buying out rights for bringing ESPN back....i feel once NBA rights expire from sony STAR will go for it and get that as well...Disney will try and focus on more American sports
Agreed. When ESPN had the Joint venture with STAR, they used to telecast different sports tournaments, they had the variety* & then uday came in who was more interested in Cricket Rights because let's be real football,Olympic Games & niche sports has a limited viewership. Since few months Star has buyed many non cricket sporting events rights in low prices compared to what they have paid in for other cricket rights. I'm sure it's 100% Disney effect. Disney will make sure that in every genre they have a dominant position but star team have to maintain that position in each market with limited sources.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock