Star issues switch-off notice to Sun Direct for non-payment

• Thread starter Thread starter Dileep Kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 199
  • Views Views: Views 14,677
I always prefer quality over quantity thats why I chose sun direct over other brands. Sun has only 9 Bengali Channels where as Dish has 30 +. Tata has 17 +. I include language feeds also.

Bishnu15 said:
I always prefer quality over quantity thats why I chose sun direct over other brands. Sun has only 9 Bengali Channels where as Dish has 30 +. Tata has 17 +. I include language feeds also.

If you are satisfied then I won't ask for your needs. The questions I asked are for other people. I think you don't watch Bengali movies and so enjoying Bengali channels in Sun Direct.

Sadiq said:
If you are satisfied then I won't ask for your needs. The questions I asked are for other people. I think you don't watch Bengali movies and so enjoying Bengali channels in Sun Direct.

I do watch but at cinema halls bro. :tup

Bishnu15 said:
Ok Sadiq bro I go with your point. I discuss point by point.

1. VD2H @ Super Gold Pack = RS 241 p.m. (No Star World / Comedy Central / Star Movies / Movies Now / Romedy Now / Times Now / ET Now / NDTV 24X7 / CNN IBN / CNBC TV18 / VH One English.)

2. SD @ Value Plus Pack + Any One Free Regional Pack = RS 240 p.m.(With Star World / Comedy Central / Star Movies / Movies Now / Romedy Now / Times Now / ET Now / NDTV 24X7 / CNN IBN / CNBC TV18 / VH One English.)

If people goes for alacarte in V2H for these popular channels their monthly budget goes beyond 300. Now why will people pay extra bucks in the form of alacarte when they are getting it all @ RS 240 p.m. in SD ? Do you have any logic to support your view ?

This! People say Sun Direct doesn't have many channels and other DTH does, but they ignore the fact that other DTHs do not even offer such channels in their lower priced basic packs like Sun Direct does. English Movies channels are not even available in D2H in packs below Rs. 325. Whereas, Sun Direct provides it in Rs. 250 pack.

I admit I was thinking about changing to another DTH a few months ago and I looked at D2h, Dish TV, Tata Sky, etc. Everyone was costly. I won't pay over Rs. 325 to get channels that are already available on Sun DTH at Rs. 250. Even @325, I have to go for a-la-carte and add-ons to get channels that are already available at Rs. 250 and then the price goes above Rs. 400! Should I ditch Sun DTH when I get what I want at 250 and go for other DTH and pay Rs. 400 for the same channels and other channels I don't give a damn about?

Sadiq said:
FYI, I am again not comparing packages. I just want to know the number of channel available.

For a ROI user who prefer ROI HD channels, will you suggest Sun Direct over other DTH? If yes, why?

For a ROI user who prefer more ROI SD channels (other than Hindi), will you suggest Sun Direct over DTH? If yes, why?

For a Football lover who want to see live sports in HD, will you suggest Sun Direct over other DTH? If yes, why?

For a HD Movies Lover (English) who want to see Hit movies (not only new), will you suggest Sun Direct over other DTH? If yes, why?

For a World drama lover who want to watch them in HD, will you suggest Sun Direct over other DTH? If yes, why?

For a Hindi Music lover, will you suggest Sun Direct over other DTH? If yes, why?

For a Tamil Nadu viewer, who want to see the below channels, will you suggest Sun Direct over other DTH? If yes, why/

Puthu Yugam
Polimer TV
Sirippoli
J Movies

For a Telugu viewer, who want to see the below channels, will you suggest Sun Direct over other DTH? If yes, why?

Studio One
Maa Gold

For a Bengali viewer who want to see non stop Bengali movies, will you suggest Sun Direct over other DTH? If yes, why?

For a Odia viewer, will you suggest Sun Direct over other DTH? If yes, why?

For a Bhojpuri viewer, will you suggest Sun Direct over other DTH? If yes, why?

You are just using biased questions. These questions are just based on the assumption that everyone can afford HD and hence afford the high prices. Sun DTH provides many channels (that Bishnu bro posted and I have quoted above) at lower prices compared to other DTHs. At Rs. 220, I get Movies Now, Star Movies, Star World, Romedy Now, Comedy Central, SS1, SS2, SS3, SS4, Neo Prime and Neo Sports. Any other DTH that provides these SD channels at such price in their base pack? Heck, even if I go for Rs. 250 pack, I will get Zee Studio, HBO, Sony PIX and AXN.

While everyone can't afford HD packs, they can afford SD Packs. You cannot compare the number of HD channels in Sun DTH and other DTH when even the basic SD channels are not available in lower priced basic packs in other DTHs. Sun DTH is the cheapest and most economical.

If you want to ask questions like "if someone wants to view so-and-so HD channel, would you suggest Sun DTH", I can ask too "if someone cannot afford HD and wants to watch SD channels are cheap rates would you not suggest Sun DTH?"

I am sure Sun DTH will clear their dues before time. This is a normal case. Seen similar thing with Dish TV against MSM Group. It is normal thing and we must not worry about discontinuation of Star Network channels

Sri2702 said:
If you want to ask questions like "if someone wants to view so-and-so HD channel, would you suggest Sun DTH", I can ask too "if someone cannot afford HD and wants to watch SD channels are cheap rates would you not suggest Sun DTH?"

Not only :hd But many Sd channels are also missing in sun direct. Many hindi movie channels are missing? Less channels = less cost. Period!!!!!

Sri2702 said:
This! People say Sun Direct doesn't have many channels and other DTH does, but they ignore the fact that other DTHs do not even offer such channels in their lower priced basic packs like Sun Direct does. English Movies channels are not even available in D2H in packs below Rs. 325. Whereas, Sun Direct provides it in Rs. 250 pack.

I have no issues with Sun Direct. But Sun Direct's fans have only ONE and SIMILAR answer for every question and at every situation whether it is related with the question or not that Sun Direct is economical and cheapest to provide english and sports channels in 250 Rs

Remember one thing bro, Sun Direct is providing these english movies, English gec and sports channels into Rs. 250 because they don't have number of channels.

They are helpless because of number of few channels. If they will remove those 10-15 channels no one will choose Sun Direct. That's why you are getting those channels in base packs

when they will get number of channels in Hindi GEC, Hindi Movies, Hindi News, Music, Infotainment and Lifestyle, Kids like other dths you guys will not able to view those 10-15 channels on which you always create a lot of nuisance that we are getting english movies blah-blah

don't know why you guys never admit that Sun Direct is far behind than other dths.

Tatasky users admits that tatasky have space issues and their ceo is giving false time periods of channel addition.
Videocon D2H users admits that their stb's software and hardware, UI is not upto the mark.
Dish Tv users also admits that they don't have Good Epg menu, don't have DD sound etc.
airtel users also admits that they are behind than other dths in few genres.

but sun direct's fans have only one answer- "We are getting all doordarshan channels and english movies sports channels in 250 Rs."

remember bro Only english movies and sports channels are not everything that makes a DTH popular, cheapest and economical.

Back
Top Bottom