Star issues switch-off notice to Sun Direct for non-payment

• Thread starter Thread starter Dileep Kumar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 199
  • Views Views: Views 14,677
ABCDEFGH said:
^^^^^Also Tata Sky users accept that Tata Sky is somewhat costly^^^^^

I was using Tata Sky few years ago but after comparing the price against the number of channels I quit Tata Sky. I agree with ur point that Tata Sky is very expensive when we compare the number of channels, packages, addons for a ROI subscribers

Now a days, D2H also became costly. Once it was cheaper and that was the reason I selected D2H.

Sadiq said:
Now a days, D2H also became costly. Once it was cheaper and that was the reason I selected D2H.

How much increase in price brother?I was thinking about VideoCon D2H to try for some months :shy

Hassan Syed said:
How much increase in price brother?I was thinking about VideoCon D2H to try for some months :shy

The minimum price (south pack) is Rs.190. When I was opting, it was Rs.155. I selected South Platinum HD which was Rs.440. Now the cost of South Platinum HD is Rs.590.

Sadiq said:
The minimum price (south pack) is Rs.190. When I was opting, it was Rs.155. I selected South Platinum HD which was Rs.440. Now the cost of South Platinum HD is Rs.590.

s bro.in 2012 b/w june to dec.south silver was 150 to 155.but with in 3 years south silver pack goes upto 35 to 40 rs. so in my view all dth are get expensive b/w 2013 jan to 2014 dec. Coz addng no of channels.......

Sadiq said:

Well well well, it's a huge jump in price. If they increased that much price for a south subscriber then it must be even higher for ROI Subscribers

Sadiq said:
FYI, I am again not comparing packages. I just want to know the number of channel available.

For a ROI user who prefer ROI HD channels, will you suggest Sun Direct over other DTH? If yes, why?

For a ROI user who prefer more ROI SD channels (other than Hindi), will you suggest Sun Direct over DTH? If yes, why?

For a Football lover who want to see live sports in HD, will you suggest Sun Direct over other DTH? If yes, why?

For a HD Movies Lover (English) who want to see Hit movies (not only new), will you suggest Sun Direct over other DTH? If yes, why?

For a World drama lover who want to watch them in HD, will you suggest Sun Direct over other DTH? If yes, why?

For a Hindi Music lover, will you suggest Sun Direct over other DTH? If yes, why?

For a Tamil Nadu viewer, who want to see the below channels, will you suggest Sun Direct over other DTH? If yes, why/

Puthu Yugam
Polimer TV
Sirippoli
J Movies

For a Telugu viewer, who want to see the below channels, will you suggest Sun Direct over other DTH? If yes, why?

Studio One
Maa Gold

For a Bengali viewer who want to see non stop Bengali movies, will you suggest Sun Direct over other DTH? If yes, why?

For a Odia viewer, will you suggest Sun Direct over other DTH? If yes, why?

For a Bhojpuri viewer, will you suggest Sun Direct over other DTH? If yes, why?

Sri2702 said:
You are just using biased questions. These questions are just based on the assumption that everyone can afford HD and hence afford the high prices. Sun DTH provides many channels (that Bishnu bro posted and I have quoted above) at lower prices compared to other DTHs. At Rs. 220, I get Movies Now, Star Movies, Star World, Romedy Now, Comedy Central, SS1, SS2, SS3, SS4, Neo Prime and Neo Sports. Any other DTH that provides these SD channels at such price in their base pack? Heck, even if I go for Rs. 250 pack, I will get Zee Studio, HBO, Sony PIX and AXN.

I didn't ask questions for HD channels alone. I asked for ROI channels too.
I agree bro. Only Sun Direct is offering these channels in lower pack. And it is already providing some acceptable amount of South channels.

Take Rs.240 pack of Sun Direct (Value Plus Pack - ROI). Let us compare with Rs.241 pack of D2H (New Super Gold pack - ROI). The below channels are available additionally in D2H pack but missing in Sun Direct pack.

Hindi GEC:
Life OK
Rishtey
Channel V
Zee Anmol
Zindagi
Sony PAL
& TV
Big Magic
UTV Bindass
Food Food
Zee Khana Kazana
Epic TV

Hindi Movies:
Movies OK
Zee Classic
& Pictures
Max 2
B4U Movies
Maha Movies

Infotainment
NGC
Fox Life
Animal Planet
Nat Geo Wild
NDTV Good Times

Hindi Music
Zing
B4U Music
Masti
M Tunes
Sony Mix
9x Jalwa
Music India
M TV Indies

Tamil:
Vijay TV [available in free add-on in Sun]
Vendhar TV
Isai Aruvi
Siripoli
Captain TV [available in free add-on in Sun]
Polimer TV
Thanthi TV [available in free add-on in Sun]
Zee Tamil [available in free add-on in Sun]
News 7 Tamil

Telugu:
E TV Telugu [available in free add-on in Sun]
Zee Telugu [available in free add-on in Sun]
ETV Andhrapradesh [available in free add-on in Sun]
ABN Andhra Jyothi
V6 News
Studio One

Kannada:
Colors Kannada [available in free add-on in Sun]
Suvarna
Suvarna News 24x7
Zee Kannada [available in free add-on in Sun]
Sri Sankara
Suvarna Plus
Public TV
Samaya News
B TV News

Malayalam:
India Vision News
Mazhavil Manorama
Asianet
Asianet Plus
Kappa TV
Reporter TV
Goodness TV
Jaihind TV
Media One

Marathi:
Star Pravah [available in free add-on in Sun]
Zee Marathi [available in free add-on in Sun]
Colors Marathi [available in free add-on in Sun]
Zee Talkies [available in free add-on in Sun]
ABP Majha [available in free add-on in Sun]
Zee 24 Tass
IBN Lokmat
Saam
9x Jhakaas
Maiboli
TV9 Marathi

Oriya:
Colors Oriya
Tarang
Tarang Music
Prarthana
Sarthak TV
Focus Odisha
Naxatra News
Zee Kalinga
Kank TV
MBC TV

Punjabi:
Zee Punjabi [available in free add-on in Sun]
9x Tashan
PTC Chakde
Chardikla Time TV
ETV News Haryana

Gujarati:
VTV News
GS TV

Bangla:
Zee Bangla
Colors Bangla [available in free add-on in Sun]
ABP Ananda [available in free add-on in Sun]
Star Jalsha [available in free add-on in Sun]
24 Ghante
News Time
Rupashi Bangla
Sony Aath
Dhoom Nusic
Zee Bangla Cinema
Plant M Cinema
Star Jalsha Movies
Kolkata TV

North East:
Rang
DY 365
News Live
Protidin Time
Prag News

Due to these additional channels, the pack is priced at Rs.240. If they are removing these channels and add the channels you mentioned, then it will become equal to Sun Direct's pack.

But these channels are basically required for ROI users whereas the English GEC, English Movies and Sports channels are additional channels.

Sun Direct is not even providing the basic channels required for an ROI user but providing additional channels (Hindi GEC, Hindi Movies, Hindi Music, Marathi, Bengali, Punjabi, Odiya, Gujarati etc).

Also, as part of ROI pack, D2H is providing some amount of South channels too except Sun Network. I agree Sun Network channels are missing in D2H. But in Sun Direct only Sun Network channels are there since they are the owners of the channels with few amount of additional South channels.

Same is the case with other genre.

Conclusion:
If you want a similar pack like Sun Direct in D2H and if D2H decides to provide such a pack, they can offer it in the same price like Sun Direct.

But if you want a similar pack like D2H in Sun Direct and if Sun Direct decides to provide such a pack, first of all they can't provide now since most of the channels available in D2H's pack are not at all available with Sun Direct. Also, if they are making a deal with those channels, I am sure that they can't offer these channels in the same price as like D2H's pack.

Sri2702 said:
While everyone can't afford HD packs, they can afford SD Packs. You cannot compare the number of HD channels in Sun DTH and other DTH when even the basic SD channels are not available in lower priced basic packs in other DTHs. Sun DTH is the cheapest and most economical.

Read the same reply as I mentioned above.

Sri2702 said:
If you want to ask questions like "if someone wants to view so-and-so HD channel, would you suggest Sun DTH", I can ask too "if someone cannot afford HD and wants to watch SD channels are cheap rates would you not suggest Sun DTH?"

It is based on the need of the user.

If the user is from South and want more South channels and not interested in other genre channels, then I will suggest Sun Direct.
If the user is from South or ROI and want more sports channels or English channels in lower pack, I will suggest.
If the user is from ROI and want more ROI channels (Hindi GEC, Hindi Movies, Hindi Music, Marathi, Bengali, Punjabi, Odiya, Gujarati etc), I will not suggest.

Hassan Syed said:
Well well well, it's a huge jump in price. If they increased that much price for a south subscriber then it must be even higher for ROI Subscribers

No bro. The price is same for both South and ROI. But south users will get more benefit since they will get all South channels from the 4 South Languages in all the South packs (from very lower pack of Rs.190). Lowest South packs also have English News channels whereas it is not there in the same priced ROI packs.

So, south users are getttng more channels in the same price of ROI user packs.

USP of D2H is the availability of all the 4 south language channels in all the south packs. No need to subscribe any free packs. Exception is Maa group channels which are available only for Telugu users.

@sadiq bro, but bro wat is the use of giving all south regional channel in one package.coz many of tamil people dnt want watch telugu,malay.,kanada....except people they knw languages of abv.genere.but adtv giving lifetime free topup so tamil people can take tamil topup and one more genre topup also with all this they get extra ss3 and four kids extra.......at the time of i am using d2h i have to pay extra 35 rs for sports and 35 to 45 rs kids channel.so in this way i am benfited by adtv coz i am gettng all tamil channl,with one sports channl,with 4 kids chnnl in 180 or 195 rs base packages. tell me now bro.which s best.......

Back
Top Bottom