Star Movies airing Koffee with Karan at midnight

• Thread starter Thread starter Shiv Verma
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 40
  • Views Views: Views 3,543
Someone in Star can't get a hard one without watching Koffee with Karan. No wonder they are airing it now at midnight after pretty much shutting down Star World and Star World Premiere HD

So if a broadcaster shuts down a channel and airs it content in some other channel in wstershed hours then only reason is that its employees/content team like the content .....firstly buddy i don't know whether u wrote this as sarcasm or u were serious about this statement but i can list put numerous examples where other broadcasters too have done the sams.

Real reason is that post midnight many channels air fillers for many hours rather than regular content, same is case with Star Movies.... Now as Koffee With Karan is a higely popular show then maybe they would have decided to ait it at midnight just to see if people watch it before sleeping or not as many people search for such shows to just relax mind and enjoy, also it helps fill the vacant slots in these hours so it is better to air a popular show than some random fillers.

Lastly their team do not require to air a show on TV channel to watch it as theu can easily access it on Disney+Hotstar :)

So if a broadcaster shuts down a channel and airs it content in some other channel in wstershed hours then only reason is that its employees/content team like the content .....firstly buddy i don't know whether u wrote this as sarcasm or u were serious about this statement but i can list put numerous examples where other broadcasters too have done the sams.

Real reason is that post midnight many channels air fillers for many hours rather than regular content, same is case with Star Movies.... Now as Koffee With Karan is a higely popular show then maybe they would have decided to ait it at midnight just to see if people watch it before sleeping or not as many people search for such shows to just relax mind and enjoy, also it helps fill the vacant slots in these hours so it is better to air a popular show than some random fillers.

Lastly their team do not require to air a show on TV channel to watch it as theu can easily access it on Disney+Hotstar :)
Exactly, you're right, but star is doing wrong for star movies

That show is not popular. Just watch the feedback given by our forum members. It use to be popular when social media wasn't big. Also new episodes came on OTT over TV. If it was popular among tv viewers. They would've aired it to gain advertising and increased subscription revenue.

After midnight martial arts and movies with racy themes are popular. I don't get the purpose of airing Koffee with Karan. I am wondering what's the target audience Star is targeting by airing this. I use to stay up night watching sitcoms on Star World and Comedy Central aired. Comedy Central use to be ad-free back than.

Comedy Central use to be ad-free back than.
Comedy Central is still ad-free at midnight but the shows are trash now.

Regarding Star Movies airing Koffee With Karan, airing at midnight is not a good idea if we think about content strategy. Masterchef Aus, US were aired on Star Movies & Star Movies Select on primetime. Koffee With Karan can also be aired on primetime but that also won't create a huge impact. If Disney Star wants to launch Star World content on their English Movie channels, then it should only be on Star Movies Select. Star Movies shouldn't be touched as its Select channel is in more danger in terms of content & viewership.

Last edited:
Comedy Central is still ad-free at midnight but the shows are trash now.

Regarding Star Movies airing Koffee With Karan, airing at midnight is not a good idea if we think about content strategy. Masterchef Aus, US were aired on Star Movies & Star Movies Select on primetime. Koffee With Karan can also be aired on primetime but that also won't create a huge impact. If Disney Star wants to launch Star World content on their English Movie channels, then it should only be on Star Movies Select. Star Movies should be touched as its Select channel is in more danger in terms of content & viewership.
They need to have a English GEC and a English movie channel. Star network in general is trash. Why have two gecs when the one is terribly failing it? They don't have a HD music channel. The only music channel Bindaas is destined to be Star Sports 1 Nepali or Star Utsav 2. Than you got lack of youth channel. That network is surviving off cricket rights. They will be decline once World Cup is over.

They need to have a English GEC and a English movie channel. Star network in general is trash. Why have two gecs when the one is terribly failing it? They don't have a HD music channel. The only music channel Bindaas is destined to be Star Sports 1 Nepali or Star Utsav 2. Than you got lack of youth channel. That network is surviving off cricket rights. They will be decline once World Cup is over.
Star Utsav 2 is really a bad idea. The one who gives Star these stupid ideas should be fired first. Already Star has Star Utsav for reruns from last 2 decades and also got new Star Bharat for reruns. Bindass HD or a new HD music channel with Star wordmark should be launch first.

Star Utsav is also stuck between 2010-2020 shows. I didn't see this channel airing Star Plus's or Star Bharat's initial shows.

If Channel V was still alive among us, then 2nd music channel with youth shows would have been established just like Zing.

Star sports 1 nepali? huh, what kind of this channel would air

Star Utsav 2 is really a bad idea. The one who gives Star these stupid ideas should be fired first. Already Star has Star Utsav for reruns from last 2 decades and also got new Star Bharat for reruns. Bindass HD or a new HD music channel with Star wordmark should be launch first.

Star Utsav is also stuck between 2010-2020 shows. I didn't see this channel airing Star Plus's or Star Bharat's initial shows.

If Channel V was still alive among us, then 2nd music channel with youth shows would have been established just like Zing.
Yeah, star utsav looks useless and it should revamp as star plus select as it would air old shows from star, or english movie channel, like star movies kids, any ideas

Back
Top Bottom