DDF Exclusive "Star Sports 1 Kannada" Launching From 16 November (Replacing Channel V)

• Thread starter Gssran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 129
  • Views: Views 39,484
Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem with Launch of star sports Kannada but shutting down international brand Channel is completely unacceptable star can run bogus Channels like baby tv, Nat Geo music/people but closing Channel V:mad::cry:

It's their strategy to attract more ads and get more money. Channel distribution will also be easy if Channel is in regional language.

If they have a diverse types of channel, there'll be more advertisers than the same ones paying more... the more number of advertisers, the better isnt it?

Kannada will be popular in one state and in staggered amounts in other states.. Overall not a great opportunity compared to other south indian languages which has more fan following..

waste of channel space..

like I said earlier, one channel with multiple audio feeds would be a better option than multiple channels for each language!

One channel with multiple audio feeds is better but Star Sports is not just adding audio line with different language and calling it a channel. They are producing exclusive shows in the particular language, roping in regional talents to host the shows that are specific to the language and the audience the channel caters to. They are also working on the viewer experience and making it regional too by adding the graphics and visual elements in the specific language.

Also, the strategy is to make the people belonging to a specific region think that they have a sports channel in their own language and making them want to watch it and support the move psychologically by serving them and catering to their need. If Star is making this move, it definitely involves the market research and they have realized the viewership of Kannada feed of Pro Kabaddi League on Star Suvarna Plus in this region has been more than that of the main feed. They also have the Karnataka Premier League in their pocket, which would be more well received if it was broadcast on an exclusive Kannada sports channel.

In my opinion this is a good move.

Kannada will be popular in one state and in staggered amounts in other states.. Overall not a great opportunity compared to other south indian languages which has more fan following..
They are starting a regional channel; centered at audience in Karnataka. Why should it even have popularity in other states? Why do you think this opportunity has to be compared with other languages? Why should it even have fan following from people outside the targeted geography? I don't get your logic.

Star Making It Strong In South Region

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock