Star TV replaces Sony TV as Yash Raj Films broadcaster?

I thought after completing 20 yrs sony will do something really big. But I didn't knew that they will do such a big thing by losing the partner which had been with them throughout those 20 years. Now if it's for the entire yrf library then it's going to be a massive Setback.
After Disney acquisition foxstar became very aggressive acuquird yash raj films for a massive price
But personally I think there should be some correction in the satellite rights amount because it's a bit too much.
I think one way sony can get yrf back is through the merger with Viacom
The scenario might become that after Viacom sony merger I think they should let go dharma productions and try to acquire yash raj films
And sony also needs to kick NEERAJ VYAS out
Does that even matter anymore? They are always #1 in ratings on Hindi movies genre. They know how to use the dubbed library. Also they make their bollywood library unmissable for audience as you never know when your favourite movie will air again.

Does that even matter anymore? They are always #1 in ratings on Hindi movies genre. They know how to use the dubbed library. Also they make their bollywood library unmissable for audience as you never know when your favourite movie will air again.
Well actually no matter wheresover yrf goes problem will be there every where
So I am listing the problems that can be faced with yrf on all networks :
Sony :they will air most of the popular yrf ones but the niche ones like mere brother ki dulhan, mere dad ki maruti, bank chor, jhoom barabar jhoom,fan, shudh desi Romance etc won't get aired or will get aired at 1 am or 5 am slot because they don't provide trps and for those they don't have critically Acclaimed movie channel for those niche films which don't provide trps and sometimes south first policy on their main channel(though some recent improvement is there)
Star/Disney :will air most of the yrf ones but will literally spoil the value of many yrf movies by showing them every now and then as they do with most of the films in their library
Zee :I will say they will also show many yrf movies as they also have many channels for those but the viewers will get bad pq and aq means bad viewing experience
Viacom :will neglect the popular ones as well as niche ones

Last edited:
No yeh jawani hai deewani was the last dharma film which went to Sony.
Sony signed a 2 film satellite deal with dharma productions for soty and yeh jawani hai deewani for limited period (7 years for each film )
Sony bags TV rights of two films from Dharma Productions for Rs 50 crore
But Both Have Expired From Sony And SOTY Has Been Lying Idle Since A Year(Which I Don't Care Though😒) But YJHD Has Also Not Been Aired On Sony's Channels Since June . So I Hope It Does Not Lie Idle Just SOTY As It Is The Dharma Productions Movie In This Decade For Me

But Both Have Expired From Sony And SOTY Has Been Lying Idle Since A Year(Which I Don't Care Though😒) But YJHD Has Also Not Been Aired On Sony's Channels Since June . So I Hope It Does Not Lie Idle Just SOTY As It Is The Dharma Productions Movie In This Decade For Me
And instead Viacom is airing the crap soty 2 regularly I don't know why they don't air soty 1

Sony itself to blame for losing so many banners, films..... If u focus mostly on dubbed south indian cinema and many films of partner banners r left idle or aired in watershed hrs then surely they will feel left out. In an age where visibility is of prime importance to develop recall value among people, such ignorance is likely to cause unease. Anyways i m happy that now one cam see all yrf films across chs, so many were not aired by sony or aired at odd timings

Sony got filmkraft, dharma bcoz yrf distributed these films earlier but again all these gone and many more joining list.

SOTY, Son Of Sardar, Atithi Tum Kab Jaaoge, Badal and many more having no telecast

SOTY, Son Of Sardar, Atithi Tum Kab Jaaoge, Badal and many more having no telecast
Who are having their rights? Or no satellite partner of them now??
SOTY expired from Sony last year. So son of sardar also expired from star??

Last edited:
Who are having their rights? Or no satellite partner of them now??
SOTY expired from Sony last year. So son of sardar also expired from star??
Son Of Sardar Was Previously Shared Between Star And Viacom But Now It Has Expired From Star And Has Completely Gone To Viacom As It Has Been Removed From Disney+ Hotstar And Is Still Available On Voot

Sony itself to blame for losing so many banners, films..... If u focus mostly on dubbed south indian cinema and many films of partner banners r left idle or aired in watershed hrs then surely they will feel left out. In an age where visibility is of prime importance to develop recall value among people, such ignorance is likely to cause unease. Anyways i m happy that now one cam see all yrf films across chs, so many were not aired by sony or aired at odd timings

Sony got filmkraft, dharma bcoz yrf distributed these films earlier but again all these gone and many more joining list.

You have given me something to watch today. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock