Star TV replaces Sony TV as Yash Raj Films broadcaster?

So now onwards no point of subscribing Sony max as all south movies it telecasts are available within hour of TV telecast on YouTube that too only 30 sec ad. Susidal strategy . Masala food is good for health only occasionally not on daily basis so are these dubbed films . And Sony has added them (telecasting) in like daily diet 🙄

It's clear that the entire YRF library is in Disney's pocket. The question is: from which date will Sony not be allowed to show YRF movies? From which date can Star (and, if possible, UTV) start showing YRF movies?
No idea. All the 3 media reports contain same information. But its only Exchange4media says Star will get the rights of complete YRF movies.
Actually I thought(imagined) about YRF leaving from Sony to Star many times while we discussed about Sony Max in different threads earlier. And it became true(I also thought about KBC leaving Sony but I know its not a nice thought as Sony is managing KBC well😛)
Next quit from Sony is espn.

Last edited:
I actually want Yrf to continue its partnership with Sony since Star is a network which is good but often repeats movies which are aired one week before.Due to constant airing of these films the freshness of films goes away Sony's PQ and AQ is the best and i actually want Yrf to be with them.

I thought after completing 20 yrs sony will do something really big. But I didn't knew that they will do such a big thing by losing the partner which had been with them throughout those 20 years. Now if it's for the entire yrf library then it's going to be a massive Setback.
After Disney acquisition foxstar became very aggressive acuquird yash raj films for a massive price
But personally I think there should be some correction in the satellite rights amount because it's a bit too much.
I think one way sony can get yrf back is through the merger with Viacom
The scenario might become that after Viacom sony merger I think they should let go dharma productions and try to acquire yash raj films
And sony also needs to kick NEERAJ VYAS out
Though happy that few of yrf movies the niche ones will get aired on SGS and some others which sony neglected

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock