Suggestion : How to Get Dolby Digital Sound

HD STB supports Dolby Digital Plus, but not HDMI 2.0

Only 4K STB supports HDMI 2.0

Check again bro

Ok , Then fine you can use any HDMI cable , mine D2h 4k box it supports HDMI 2 & 7.1 out .
But I suggest you to give a try with HDMI 2 cable ( you may get it for 500-/ )

By the way we were discussing ARC HDMI cable which is connected between TV And HT, I hope your TV can provide HDMI 2 through ARC.

Last edited:
Let's not be pseudoscience.

HDMI 2.0 makes huge updates to the often-neglected side of audio. The HDMI cable less version than HDMI 2.0
will be able to transmit just eight channels of audio, HDMI 2.0 can now send 32 channels of audio.

This will enabled the Dolby Atmos standard to be moved over to HT and the TATA SKY STB supports 7.1 .

HDMI 2.0 supports dual video streams, so you can get two full HD shows on the same screen at the same time.

Of course HDMI 2.0 supports higher bandwidth (18 Gbps) than 1.4. But that spec is for the port on the 4K equipment - TV, STB, etc.). Technically there is no HDMI 2.0 cable per se. It's either high speed or not. Take a look at this article:

4K HDMI cables (are nonsense)

By the way we were discussing ARC HDMI cable which is connected between TV And HT, I hope your TV can provide HDMI 2 through ARC.

Yes, both TV and HT are ARC, and i have now connected the both using "High Speed HDMI Cable".

Of course HDMI 2.0 supports higher bandwidth (18 Gbps) than 1.4. But that spec is for the port on the 4K equipment - TV, STB, etc.). Technically there is no HDMI 2.0 cable per se. It's either high speed or not. Take a look at this article:

4K HDMI cables (are nonsense)

When we buy High speed HDMI cable doesn't meen you bought specific HDMI version supported Cable and it doesn't compatible with all version of HDMI.

For example the new HDMI 2.1 ( Jan 2017) spisesfication say the old high speed 48G HDMI cable is not compatible, they suggested to use NEW 48G HDMI cable.

So when we are buying a HDMI cable we simply say version instead of asking new High speed HDMI cable or old high speed HDMI cable.

Dear All,
I am not able to get dolby digital sound from tatasky HD ? Is optical cable is must to get dolby digital sound connect to Home Theater ?

My Current Connection (But not getting DD 5.1)
a) TV <-> TataSky HD STB HDMI Cable.
b) TV (ARC) <-> HT (5.1) ARC Supported using HDMI Cable.
c) All DD STB side setting done.

Please guide me how to get 5.1 DD from tatasky STB ?

Thanks

Go to setting select audio Dolby Digital if you home theatre you must use optical cable

When we buy High speed HDMI cable doesn't meen you bought specific HDMI version supported Cable and it doesn't compatible with all version of HDMI.

For example the new HDMI 2.1 ( Jan 2017) spisesfication say the old high speed 48G HDMI cable is not compatible, they suggested to use NEW 48G HDMI cable.

So when we are buying a HDMI cable we simply say version instead of asking new High speed HDMI cable or old high speed HDMI cable.

You might ask for HDMI 2.0 cable, but that does not necessarily mean you are asking correctly, technically speaking.

HDMI 2.1 is very new and I don't think we even have any equipment in operation that supports 2.1. Definitely not TS or D2H 4K boxes. So compatibility with existing cables is to be ascertained.

Anyway we are deviating from the topic. As far as the current thread topic is concerned, a cable marked high speed should be enough to carry DD signals.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock