Suggestion : How to Get Dolby Digital Sound

After testing Dolby Digital Audio thru HDMI ARC and Digital Audio Optic, i finally decided to stick to HDMI ARC.

As i couldn't find any difference in audio quality between ARC and Digital Audio Optical connections.

Thanks @maheshav bro for all ur help. :)

After testing Dolby Digital Audio thru HDMI ARC and Digital Audio Optic, i finally decided to stick to HDMI ARC.

As i couldn't find any difference in audio quality between ARC and Digital Audio Optical connections.

Thanks @maheshav bro for all ur help. :)

Good finally you are able to find solutions your self.

HDMI support DD+ , multi channel PCM, Dolby true HD, ect.. in addition to coaxial.

If any of your friends has d2h 4k or Airtel Android 4k STB you can observe DD+ and PCM multi channel audio it depends on that particular movie , you can observe DD+ symbol on HT display.

Any how we will discuss such things in future threads if we come across.

On my HT display no DD/DD+ is displayed. Now its displaying ARC, however Dolby Digital/plus is displayed on the TV when info is presssed.

On my HT display no DD/DD+ is displayed. Now its displaying ARC, however Dolby Digital/plus is displayed on the TV when info is presssed.

Ok then when a English movie display avalible in DD+ you keep coaxial and observe sounds then switch to HDMI and observe the quality.

By the way use High quality HDMI grater or equal to version 2 Cable for ARC connection.

Yes will try that. Currently I am Using normal HDMI cable v 1.4 I guess for ARC. And I am getting good quality. Will upgrade to v2.0 soon.

BTW v2.0 supports 4K transmission right. But my TV is a FHD and both TV and HT don't support 4K. So will v 2.0 HDMI cable work on my Tv and HT ?

Yes will try that. Currently I am Using normal HDMI cable v 1.4 I guess for ARC. And I am getting good quality. Will upgrade to v2.0 soon.

BTW v2.0 supports 4K transmission right. But my TV is a FHD and both TV and HT don't support 4K. So will v 2.0 HDMI cable work on my Tv and HT ?

There is no v1.4 or v2.0 as far as HDMI cable is concerned. Check for "high speed" marked on the HDMI cable. If it mentions high speed, it should support 4K. Currently all available HDMI cables should be high speed only.

V2.0 would only make a difference if you have 4K infrastructure and in such case the equipment (TV, HT, STB, 4K Bluray) would need to have HDMI 2.0 ports. The HDMI cable would remain the same high speed cable.

Last edited:
Yes i am using an ordinary HDMI cable may be 7 years old which came free with Sony DVD player that time. I have 2 more HDMI cable and it has got "High Speed HDMI Cable" printed on the cable. I will connect that and see if i get better Audio Clarity as u said

There is no v1.4 or v2.0 as far as HDMI cable is concerned. Check for "high speed" marked on the HDMI cable. If it mentions high speed, it should support 4K. Currently all available HDMI cables should be high speed only.

V2.0 would only make a difference if you have 4K infrastructure and in such case the equipment (TV, HT, STB, 4K Bluray) would need to have HDMI 2.0 ports. The HDMI cable would remain the same high speed cable.

Let's not be pseudoscience.

HDMI 2.0 makes huge updates to the often-neglected side of audio. The HDMI cable less version than HDMI 2.0
will be able to transmit just eight channels of audio, HDMI 2.0 can now send 32 channels of audio.

This will enabled the Dolby Atmos standard to be moved over to HT and the TATA SKY STB supports 7.1 .

HDMI 2.0 supports dual video streams, so you can get two full HD shows on the same screen at the same time.

Let's not be pseudoscience.

HDMI 2.0 makes huge updates to the often-neglected side of audio. The HDMI cable less version than HDMI 2.0
will be able to transmit just eight channels of audio, HDMI 2.0 can now send 32 channels of audio.

This will enabled the Dolby Atmos standard to be moved over to HT and the TATA SKY STB supports 7.1 .

HDMI 2.0 supports dual video streams, so you can get two full HD shows on the same screen at the same time.

maheshav Bro is That TS HD STB Supported HDMI 2.0 Or Not

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock