• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,524

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Tourism Authority of Thailand’s (TAT) New Delhi and Mumbai offices, in collaboration with Thai Air Asia, recently conducted a 6-day study tour to Thailand for 11 wedding planners/organisers from various parts of India. The wedding planners were invited to Bangkok, Hua Hin and Phuket to inspect and experience some hotel properties first-hand. The hotels showcased their range of offerings with regards to cuisine, traditional Indian decoration, themes and flower arrangements for weddings and other celebrations.

According to a company release, the wedding segment from India has been consistently on the rise in Thailand, along with other celebrations such as birthdays, anniversaries, graduation parties & family reunions due to its popularity as a value for money destination and its close proximity to India which make flight options conducive.

Sethphan Buddhani, Director of TAT, Mumbai said "We showcased properties in various cities of Thailand and have promised consistent support to the wedding planners. This year, Tourism Authority of Thailand will sponsor couples who plan get married in Thailand in the form of incentives. This promotion will be taking place from September 2011 onwards for the first 50 couples on a first-come-first-serve basis."

Speaking about the trip, Vishv Vijae, Regal Weddings said, “I got a fair idea about the properties and the logistics to hold a wedding at Thailand.” Candice Pereira – Creative Head, Marry Me added, “It was very informative and will no doubt help us sell Thailand more confidently as a wedding destination,” while Swati Pandya Sood, Fashion Consultant – Wedding Planner and Decorator, Bollywood Secrets opined, “It was one of the best tailor-made and well-sorted educational trips conducted by TAT. I found the concept of hosting a wedding in a spa resort extremely unique, and something that would lure Indians into hosting weddings in Thailand.”

http://www.travelbizmonitor.com/tat-india-and-thai-airasia-promote-thailand-as-indian-wedding-destination-13738

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock