Tata Group in talks to acquire Bharti Airtel's DTH business

• Thread starter Pintu
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 117
  • Views: Views 21,164
I wish & pray this proposal should be withdraw
I agree on one point. If acquisition happens and TataSKY implements HDAF on Airtel users then most MAX-HD users will quit on day one. But realistically I think there will be goodies for users in the merger. I expect prices to come down and other great add-on services.

I am a bit concerned that TATA Sons may retain majority in the venture by selling broadband business to TATASKY. This scenario is for us worse than one in which SKY/FOX manages to get management control. If Tata Broadband is merged with Tatasky then Bharti Airtel will not retain any shares as it conflicts with their own BB business. I don't mind acquisition scenario but I prefer SKY to get management control of final entity. Another reason that acquisition of ADTV is preferred is because FOX group wants to get into broadband and Bharti Airtel will never sell Airtel BB stakes to FOX.

Last edited:
I Totally Agree With You Bro But My Wishes Is Both Companies Running Their Business Individual After Margining Not Together Like DishTV & Videocon If Marger Is Occur Then They Change Their Name & Logo Or Not What You Say bro.

I Totally Agree With You Bro But My Wishes Is Both Companies Running Their Business Individual After Margining Not Together Like DishTV & Videocon If Marger Is Occur Then They Change Their Name & Logo Or Not What You Say bro.
Exactly bro 👍👍

The benefits from consolidation will be in channel price negotiations and satellite sharing. So ultimately the pack rates will have to be uniform for both entities. Current style of product/service offering will change at least for ADTV users. Even Videocon/Dish will slowly begin using same satellite. ADTV will use TATASKY brand/logo if acquisition happens as Airtel will not retain any shares.

FYKI, acquisition is where one company takes over another company completely. Hence the company selling itself to another company will not retain any shares/brand/management after acquisition. So there is no chance of Airtel having any shares/stake in TS.

If merge happens

After that if packages are not like adtv style

Then I'll look for local cable service obviously

The benefits from consolidation will be in channel price negotiations and satellite sharing. So ultimately the pack rates will have to be uniform for both entities. Current style of product/service offering will change at least for ADTV users. Even Videocon/Dish will slowly begin using same satellite. ADTV will use TATASKY brand/logo if acquisition happens as Airtel will not retain any shares.

But Question Is TataSky Is Out Or Low Of Fund Company In Current Senario Which Company Are Capable In Financial & Infrastracture TS OR ADTV :unsure:

But Question Is TataSky Is Out Or Low Of Fund Company In Current Senario Which Company Are Capable In Financial & Infrastracture TS OR ADTV :unsure:
TATA Group is big. They are facing short term issues in telecom sector due to DOCOMO issue.
TATA Broadband management is horrible (personal experience) and I don't trust them.
It's extremely important that FOX makes a high investment for the sake of quality.

I got some inside information - that Tata Sky is in final stages of acquiring Airtel digital Tv - post acquisition - all Airtel users will be realigned to 83 east - Tata Sky will do it for free - Tata Sky will focus on DTH and Broadband - Airtel will focus on Mobilty and Broadband. cheers - Airtel users will enjoy using Tata Sky 😎

Since Tata Sky is not a listed company - it’s subscriber base is misreported - it has around 18 million subscribers ( some media articles stated it 3 months ago ) it was not confirmed by Tata Sky -that makes it larger than Dish Tv - Tata Sky will announce this at the time of public announcement of the acquisition of Airtel digital Tv

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock