Tata Play duping customer with false claims

• Thread starter Thread starter sanjudat
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 54
  • Views Views: Views 5,327

Should we raise to this unethical business practice?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I don't recommend taking them to court. They will have the money, time and manpower to handle it. You may not. So it is better to register a complaint at the GAMA portal or the ASCI portal.

GAMA - Grievances Against Misleading Advertisements
ASCI - Advertising Standard Council of India

Both are central government agencies and they take proper actions against such ads. In recent times many ads were taken off-air after complaints on their portals. I believe they are fully online process. Links given below.

GAMA - http://gama.gov.in/
ASCI - https://www.ascionline.in/@

@sanjudat It's the best idea.

Thanks Abhinav. I stay at Kolkata and Tata Play has jurisdiction in Mumbai. I do a job here in kolkata and practically not possible to fight in Mumbai. I do not have fair idea about consumer forum. If I complain will it be in Kolkata or Mumbai court? Please assist.
I request you to take this issue to a height where Tata Play can feel the heat.

U do not require to go to Mumbai as Consumer Court cases related hearings happen at local level..... Also thru National Consumer Helpline u can even provide proof about the issue and they will help u get solution from the company without needing to file a case at Consumer Court

Thanks Abhinav. I stay at Kolkata and Tata Play has jurisdiction in Mumbai. I do a job here in kolkata and practically not possible to fight in Mumbai. I do not have fair idea about consumer forum. If I complain will it be in Kolkata or Mumbai court? Please assist.
I request you to take this issue to a height where Tata Play can feel the heat.
No need to file any physical case bro. You just need to register an online complaint with Consumer Helpline attaching all proof and they will handle the rest. The process is entirely online.

Register or login yourself here INGRAM | Integrated Grievance Redressal Mechanism and proceed with it. Do ASCI complaint also but they can only get the ad or promotion removed, not really help the customer already affected.

I will register complaints everywhere suggested by friends. I would like to call on those members who have similar issues to file a complaint with the authorities. This will make the case stronger. We have members with similar issues in this forum.

Tata Play called me and accepted that they cannot prove the Dolby feature as they do not have an adequate device to prove my claims wrong. I told them you cannot prove it in your lifespan because it does not have the feature. They offered me an old repaired version of STB, which I denied. I have asked them will you settle for an old car when you have paid for the new one? They do not have any resolution to date. Consumer complaint is still in process.

Tata Play called me and accepted that they cannot prove the Dolby feature as they do not have an adequate device to prove my claims wrong. I told them you cannot prove it in your lifespan because it does not have the feature. They offered me an old repaired version of STB, which I denied. I have asked them will you settle for an old car when you have paid for the new one? They do not have any resolution to date. Consumer complaint is still in process.
Good response 👏
Let them offer you something better like upgrade to Binge+ for free

Good response 👏
Let them offer you something better like upgrade to Binge+ for free
We require a new thread in TP Section to list whoch STB supports Dolby Digital Audio abd which STB doesnt...

Series wise and model wise we should create one thread with all required data, it will help all exisiting and new members make the right choice.

Another strange thing Binge plus box not able to provide Dolby sound on Gemini music HD. technician visited my house with another binge box and HD plus box. HD plus box able to give on Dolby sound on pertichiate channel but binge plus dies not.

Back
Top Bottom