Tata Play+ HD PVR available at just Rs 799 to upgrade

• Thread starter Thread starter DreamDTH
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,122
  • Views Views: Views 97,484

Have you availed the upgrade or going to avail?

• Total voters
New UI will not come.

Bug fixes, and other related S/W updates will come for the box irrespective of the LNB used.
There is no relation between LNB and software updates
Why there will less chance of getting new UI in Tata Play in future?

Hardware has to support then only possible, otherwise not
Hardware definitely supports but I feel and also said earlier their software team is not good like other dth operator and that also might be the reason why navya box has a different UI but still old boxes are using old UI and not upgraded. On a side note, all hd boxes should use the epg ui of binge+ , it is so informative and modern. Even one does not need to press "i" always to get programme info..

Hardware definitely supports but I feel and also said earlier their software team is not good like other dth operator and that also might be the reason why navya box has a different UI but still old boxes are using old UI and not upgraded. On a side note, all hd boxes should use the epg ui of binge+ , it is so informative and modern. Even one does not need to press "i" always to get programme info..
Binge+ EPG is laggy, it may be informative, but many a times it doesnt load and we have to restart the STB.

I dont find anything wrong in the current NDS software.

I had raised request for yesterday @9:30PM,
today morning received calls from tataplay team, they asked me we will send technician on today, but I'm asked tomorrow for upgrade, they just asked my alt contact no, OK sir, We will arrange on tomorrow,

I had seen tataplay technicians in our apartment main gate, they have full bag 🎒of hd dvr boxes :oops:, I think in our apartment many people registered request for upgrade, that's why asking for today installation
Today received calls from my nearby dealer, they told sir yesterday itself +hd box stock gone 🙄, new stock come on tomorrow, We will done installation on tomorrow or day after tomorrow

With people feedbacks, I am really confused whether to go for the box or not...mainly concerned about sd channels quality..
Let's say I upgrade my connection by paying ₹799 and then didn't like the quality, is there one interested to purchase it? Don't pay me extra, just ₹799 and shipping charges🥲🙏
I would have happily bought it from you but since I have non-smart tv, I need something to play OTT apps. I also have Mibox 4k but I don't want to have wire clutter by plugging both tata play+ and MI Box 4K. And the damn TV is not showing any signs of aging so I will hold it for the time being.
Also since I am primarily OTT user, I don't see any use of recording feature. Match highlights, music, web series episodes all can be accessed in OTT.
Regarding picture quality, it is a very subjective thing. I have not yet seen a single video of someone comparing the binge PQ vs PVR PQ side by side for may be copyright issues. My sister has binge box and she told that box is smooth like normal HD box if we keep wi-fi off.
Bit in future, if I change the TV, I will happily buy this box from you but cannot promise it.

Why there will less chance of getting new UI in Tata Play in future?
Because in the past, during the early days of Tata Sky+ HD, they had experimented with a different UI and failed miserably. They had named the UI as EVO12. Later reverted to the regular UI again.

Would they like to go through all the hassle again? IMHO, no!

Anish bro is right. I also feel the hardware is not compatible with those modern animations and transparency effects.

Some references, if members are interested to go through the interesting classic discussions about that discontinued EVO12 UI:

EVO12 UI launch news:

EVO12 UI screenshots:

EVO12 UI feedback/frustrations shared by forum members:

Miscellaneous UI updates:

Finally UI reversed to the regular/old one:

Tatasky old setup boxes are used in pricey activities
Many illegal stream web , apps and illegal IPTV working through old tatasky and airtel boxes

Back
Top Bottom